Ok to be here if just maintaining/not for weight-loss as a Not-that-heavy gal?

Options
Good morning! Just joined this group in search of like-minded convos with fellow-health-seekers...using MFP to track macros while working on increasing muscle and strength. Cheers to a productive and energetic day to all!

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    AFAIK, sure! I'm in maintenance myself. Working on recomp.

If you are working on muscle and strength, you are looking to change your body composition. Commonly called "recomp"
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    yogijennsb wrote: »
    Good morning! Just joined this group in search of like-minded convos with fellow-health-seekers...using MFP to track macros while working on increasing muscle and strength. Cheers to a productive and energetic day to all!

I have the similar goals, recomping and building muscle. I’ve been lazy with macros lately but getting back on it!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've been here not logging/ not losing for over two years. But I've seen big changes in body composition.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am mostly in maintenance..dropped into a deficit temporarily to prepare for the holidays and to slim down a little!! :wink:
    I too use MFP for Macros <3
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Would the ladies who refer to recomp talk me through the changes you have seen (good and bad). Thank you
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm also loosely logging to stay on track but am not really aiming at losing more..I guess I'm inadvertly doing a recomp!

I started on MFP to lose weight but slowly switched to improving my fitness level and flexibility. This in turn has changed how I look and I've lost fat and gained muscle progressively in about the last year and a half. Eating healthier has also done wonders for my skin, digestion and stomach gurgling/bloating issues.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited October 2018
    Options
    tvm1970 wrote: »
    Would the ladies who refer to recomp talk me through the changes you have seen (good and bad). Thank you

I dropped 10-12 lbs of baby weight with MFP in about 5 months. Then September of last year started a progressive strength training program. Followed set workouts (35-50 mins 3-4x weekly) and constantly upped the resistance. Also some cardio but less than I’ve ever done before.

Weight stayed the same (between 129-133) but I dropped inches all over and two dress sizes since starting.

Here’s when I started last fall of 2017, to January of 2018 to now, fall 2018. Body fat (by my home scale) went from around 24% to just under 22% (though I take that measurement lightly). Results aren’t mind blowing but steady. I could def be leaner but recomp with leaning out periods thrown in works for me. The only downside is the slow and steady.

dcd9pf50opzv.jpeg
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    tvm1970 wrote: »

I dropped 10-12 lbs of baby weight with MFP in about 5 months. Then September of last year started a progressive strength training program. Followed set workouts (35-50 mins 3-4x weekly) and constantly upped the resistance. Also some cardio but less than I’ve ever done before.

Weight stayed the same (between 129-133) but I dropped inches all over and two dress sizes since starting.

Here’s when I started last fall of 2017, to January of 2018 to now, fall 2018. Body fat (by my home scale) went from around 24% to just under 22% (though I take that measurement lightly). Results aren’t mind blowing but steady. I could def be leaner but recomp with leaning out periods thrown in works for me. The only downside is the slow and steady.

dcd9pf50opzv.jpeg

Wow @wellnesschaser! I don't think I've ever seen your whole transformation before. That is fantastic results and you look phenomenal.

@yogijennsb - I recently posted my recomp on the maintenance board. Unlike wellnesschaser, however I've never stayed the same weight, more like a suuuuper slow bulk.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10698672/maintenance-failure-gained-all-the-weight-back-w-pics#latest
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Those look like pretty phenomenal results to me! Great job!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @wellnesschaser Very impressive change. Other than the weight loss, the significant difference you can see in those progress pictures is muscle definition. You look fab!
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks all ^ @rianneonamission @mom23mangos @HoneyBadger155

Yes I do like recomping! Sometimes it feels like accidental bulking and leaning out...