CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Started keto 29 July 2018

SW: 178
    GW: 138

09/30: 164.5
    10/07: 163.5
    10/14: 163
    10/20: 163 (weight as of yesterday... wasn't able to weigh myself this morning)
    10/28:

Still 15 pounds down, and hoping to push past this stall soon (haven't lost much in the way of inches this month either). I went over my calories at times this week, though usually not by more than 200, and it was almost all keto-friendly food. This coming week I will aim to eat within that limit. I made it to muay thai three times this week, and plan to do the same next week (probably why I was hungrier than usual). Five pounds until I hit my halfway point to my goal weight, at which point I'll be feeling much better about my losses. Was hoping to hit that this month, but definitely not looking like that's happening in October.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    I'm at goal (145+/-) so a little bounce up or down is going to be normal now.
    v0si4qso3nkf.png
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Here I am checking in. I'm up .8lbs from last Sunday, but down a few lbs from Monday because Chinese happened on Sunday night. I'm happy about being able to plan meals I can enjoy with others and go right back to keto without going off the rails. My birthday is this week, and Mr Nikki is planning a night out. God help me!

My goal this week is to make it to the gym as often as possible and have a good strong keto week leading into the weekend.

I've started my Thanksgiving planning. Last year I made an entire separate menu for myself (desserts included). Some things were great, while others left much to be desired. Hoping to find some balance this year.

I hope everyone is doing well. :)
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Re_Banana wrote: »
    @Everyonelies I see that you just started in September. I've read that some people experience a stall after the until water weight loss while you body is adapting. I've copied below info from the keto FAQ on reddit. Just hang in there! I know it will happen for you. (https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq)

"Results vary, but you will typically go through three phases

Honeymoon: Lots of weight comes off fast. This is water that was tied up with glycogen. Note: if you don’t experience rapid weight loss in this period, do not despair. Not everyone is so lucky, and men may be more likely to see rapid initial weight loss than women.
    Keto Adaptation: Water and glycogen find a new balance and this causes a stall or even weight gain, which lasts for a week or two. Relax, this is both normal and temporary.
    Fully keto-adapted: After 3-4 weeks the body is burning fat as its main fuel and the brain has switched to running on ketones. A bumpy downward trend in your weight will begin. The trend is "bumpy" because there will be days or weeks when your weight stalls, or even goes up slightly. This happens to everyone, on every kind of weight-loss diet. Please don’t post to /r/keto that you gained a pound or two, or plateaued for a week. The trend will be especially bumpy if you are female. In particular, shark week will play hell with your scale weight.
    If a plateau lasts more than a couple of weeks, you may need to make adjustments to your lifestyle to break it. See the plateau section."

Thanks @Re_Banana ! I am happy I didnt gain, but it makes sense...and between periods and ovulation...women just dont have it that easy! I am sticking to it until the end of the year...

I see some physical changes...but the scale is a bad habit to break!
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    shirli2018 wrote: »
    9/24-SW-206.8lbs
    9/28-CW-202.4lbs
    SG- 180 by 12/31/18
    GW-140-160lbs

Monday 10/01-199.8
    Sunday 10/07-196.8
    Sunday 10/14-195.8
    Sunday 10/21-195.8
    Sunday 10/28

I don't get it...😔

@Everyonelies we all had weeks like that. It just doesn't seem to make sense at times, but just keep working the plan and the scale will catch up. One week without losing is nothing to worry about.

@shirli2018 I will keep at it, maybe next week looks better!!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    sykin wrote: »
    Started Keto: June 21
    Starting Weight: 167.4
    Sunday 09/30: 145.8
    Goal Weight: 143

Sunday 10/07: 144.4
    Sunday 10/14: 144.8
    Sunday 10/21: 144.0
    Sunday 10/28

Exercise still hasn’t happened this week, but we’ve been experimenting with food. Tried a great chocolate mousse. Tried shirataki noodles for the first time, also pretty good but not filling so we’ll have to find a filler to go with it. I go shopping next week for new clothes so here’s to hoping I finally drop a pant size!!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (July 24, 2018): 200.1
    Goal weight (by June 10, 2019 -my birthday!): 140
    Current weight (Sept 28, 2018): 178.2

Monday 10/1: 178.9
    Sunday 10/07: 178.6
    Sunday 10/14: 178.6
    Sunday 10/21: 175
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:

I adjusted my macros this week (75/20/5) and kept my calories the same (1500), because it has been three weeks since the scale indicated any difference. I also kept the same gym schedule this week. I also measured myself, and lost another inch from my waist and 1/2" from my hips in the last two weeks.

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @sykin are the shirataki noodles worth the work to cook? i picked some up to try and haven't yet because it looks like the instructions would make it obvious i am eating different than the rest of the family. (it could be i am over-thinking this, as is my wont, but they seem more involved than standard pasta noodles)

@teresamwhite congrats on the non-scale loss. that is very awesome
  • zanyterp
    Options
    SW (10'13): 388 (lost 133 lbs by 10'14)
    SW (10'18): 368

GW (Oct): 268 (with two birthdays this month, I will be happy to hit the 100lb mark at "only" 10 lbs down this month)
    GW: 194 - 225 (not sure if I can be healthy or maintain at 194…but would be fun to say I lost half of myself. at least for a little bit and then maintain at a slightly higher weight)

Monday 1 Oct: 278
    Monday 8 Oct: 275.6 <-- loss here but gain on the spreadsheet. go me! :'(
    Monday 15 Oct: 273.2
    Monday 22 Oct: 271.2
    Monday 29 Oct:
    Wednesday 31 Oct:

Looks like I will miss my unofficial goal of 100 lbs in one year (I remembered my starting day wrong); but I may hit it by the end of the month 🤞i saw it on the 14th during my OCD daily weigh-in; but haven't since then🤞
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    W: 241

Monday 10/01--234.6
    Sunday 10/07--234.2
    Sunday 10/14--235.5
    Sunday 10/21--233.2
    Sunday 10/28
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    @zanyterp Mmmmmm - they hit the spot as far as feeling more "normal" about what we were eating, but honestly, the next morning I ended up with such bad gas and bloating (from the noodles or the veggies I had afterward, I'm not sure) that I will be more cautious next time. I recommend not having it as a full meal as it will not fill you up and could cause similar issues. But otherwise, yes, they were wonderful to have as spaghetti and worth the effort. My husband said he'll probably separate them out better next time when drying them out because ours became kinda gloopy and stuck together. We thought we'd be able to separate them easier when dried some, but that was not the case. We plan on making chicken noodle soup with the fettuccine style next. I think that will be a much better use for them :)
  • zanyterp
    Options
    Thank you, ma’am
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @sykin & @zanyterp -I really like those shirataki noodles, too. And found it very important to just eat one serving -typically half the package -because I get so full, and then I am bloated and such the next day, too. (I'm kind of glad it isn't just me, tbh!) I just rinse them really well and then let them drain on a tea towel while I finish cooking everything else, and then either pan fry them or scald them in boiling water for a minute or two. All I have been able to find are the spaghetti/ramen style noodles, and haven't found the flat ones, yet.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    thank you
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    SW - 164
    CW - 161
    GW - 150

Monday 10/01 - 161
    Sunday 10/07 - 161.8
    Sunday 10/15 - 158
    Sunday 10/20- 157.8
    Sunday 10/28

COUNTING IT AS A WIN! And....only counting the weigh-in from Saturday which was -0.2 lbs instead of my weight on Sunday which was +0.5 lbs.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Greetings all and @PrincesseAly23 I hear you about a move! So anyone with a very long memory and who has been kicking about this group for a while might remember we had a house fire early December 2017. We've been in a rental and then 20th September moved into a hotel until our house was ready to move into. This week we moved back home, yeah!! However the work still hasn't finished and I can't cook as yet but by the end of the weekend that should be sorted. The boxes are everywhere and all I've done is unpack and unpack and unpack. The good thing is everything I unpack I look at and think do I want or need that and fairly often the answer is no, so out to various places like Thrift or throw!
    Over the past month, Keto has gone to hell in a hand cart as my ma used to say however yesterday I thought enough is enough and didn't eat as carbs, carbs and oh yes you guessed.....more carbs! It's been fun to an extend in that I've eaten stuff like proper pasta and rice and fries and and and.......!
    So I will check in on Sunday having unearthed my scales and dusted them off! Goodness knows what that weight will be as I feel like a beached whale but at least I'm feeling that I want to get back to my normal and that there is now light at the end of the tunnel and despite only having three weeks until we go on holiday I'm not thinking what's the point of restarting which let me tell you is something I'm very capable of thinking!
    So well done to everyone who, like me, has fallen off the wagon yet is in the process of climbing back on again and well done to everyone sticking with it and welcome to all the new people!

Just about to post the November Challenge...........! <3<3
  • zanyterp
    Options
    @chinatowninchina glad to hear you are back home; hope the unpacking goes well. i am jealous of your ability to see the time that Thanksgiving is coming and deciding to get started now and see what comes when it comes. That is awesome; good luck this week!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @zanyterp thanks!

Also just weighed myself and I've put on 5.4 pounds since end September so I'm taking that as a richly undeserved low weight gain! With what I've eaten and drunk and scale avoidance, (always a bad sign for me!) I expected that I would be much heavier. As I started last September 2017 at 184 I've only gone 1 pound into my 30 pounds off, so I'm 155 pounds.

Just about to get up and try to organise my kitchen and put stuff away and unwrap my actual cooker in the hope that tonight we will actually be able to eat a home cooked meal, the first since 20th September!! Oh and go shopping for actual food ingredients they are always a help if you want to cook!!!