Like Minded Lushes - Fall 2018

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
It is time for the holiday celebrations to start coming at us. Eat, drynke, and be ye merrie, or don't eat, abstain, and be happy, or moderate, moderate, and be accomplished. It is all good.

Just plodding along everyone. no gain, no loss.

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Same here Robin!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Got the FIL into a nursing home last week. His downhill slide this year has been a bit frightening. He is only 5 minutes away so Darla can visit anytime she wants. He seems to have given up and wants to die. Such is life eh?

How are the rest of you doing?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Awww Gary! I’m sorry!!! :(:(

I’m the worst lush friend ever! Miss you guys!! I’m on here just to loosely log my calories! I’m not very good with that either :D been drinking most days of the week, moderately most days...weekends since my bday have been outrageous...especially since football season started shortly afterwards!!! Games been starting at 7am....just imagine how *kitten* I am by mid day ;)
    But life is good and I look forward to looking back at old threads!!!
    Hugs and kisses and cocktails!!! XOXOXOX
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Kate, sounds like things are going well! Thanks for the support for the FIL.

As you can imagine, with all the emotions that go will putting a loved one in a home, the calorie count/fitness side of things has been on the back burner. With time I hope to get back into the routine.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Back from our trip. 3 pounds up as usual. I will get back to some sort of routine tomorrow. It was a great vacation. The 1st 4 days our son and my cousin and her husband joined us. Then we wrapped up the week with some much needed alone time. I only over did it on the drinks 1 night. But I probably ate more carbs last week than I have the entire year :D

So sorry about your FIL, Gary. The 5 minutes away part is very helpful....but once they lose their will to accept any sort of help, it's very difficult. Have they tried an antidepressant? (Slip him a gummy or 2...I swear I think all nursing homes should pass them out like candy!) Message me any time you need to talk, Gary. You let me vent to you when I was going through it...so I'm here. <3

Katieeeeeeeeeeeeeee....good to see you!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the support Syd- no doubt I will be leaning on you as this goes on. They have tried anti depressants and we have given him edibles. Nothing seems to help.

Glad you vacation went so well! Did the son's girl friend go along?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    No girlfriend :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi Kate!
    Gary, sorry about FIL it sucks. I have been fortunate not to have to deal with that for either of my parents nor my FIL. They all passed without it. Not sure about my MIL tho. only time will tell.

Still sick, still tired. Don't know what is wrong with me. So I trudge along.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- No Girl Friend eh? :o:):p

Robin, we sure lost our summer quickly didn't we. Get well soon!

Saw the FIL yesterday. He looked terrible. Couldn't speak, would watch us but not sure anyone was home. Supposedly he was better the day before. Darla will check on him tomorrow. If it is his time I hope he goes quickly.

Am hoping to start thinking of myself and getting back into the routine of exercise, eating right and moderating.

Have a great week, and share it with the group!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Nope. She didn't come. She doesn't like us very much. I can't imagine why. I'm a fcuking pleasant person :p

Hang in there Robin!

Gary...I'm sure you know all this but patients in nursing homes are notoriously dehydrated...which presents itself as dementia-like. Just thought I'd mention it. UTI's are common as well. I'm so sorry :'(

Started logging and back on my meal plan. Got my flu shot today. Not nearly as much fun as being on vacation :|
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- good idea on the dehydration. We will make sure he has water when we visit. And I agree with you- YOU ave a very fcuking pleasant person! o:)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Gary - so sorry to hear about your FIL - that is rough on the whole family.
    Robin - hope you feel better quickly and regain your energy!
    Syd - welcome back from vacay! :)

So, I've decided to do a sober October...need to do something to jump start some weight loss and to break some bad habits! But don't revoke my lush card yet! I'll be back >:)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Good for you, Ann! I always admire people who do that. I'll keep your lush card warm for you.

I've dropped 2 pounds already. For me, intermittent fasting reallllly works. I was never much of a breakfast eater anyway so I never really feel deprived. I pretty much eat anything I want between 11am and 7pm. When I want to drop weight I go light on carbs between those hours and if I REALLY want to kick start the weight loss I add more exercise and eliminate alcohol for a few days.

Feels like Fall here. Makes me want to hibernate with a book and drink red wine.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Ann!! I have trouble gotta few days let alone 31 😉 good luck!!
    Syd,I also skip breakfast...never miss it and rarely eat bf 1130, think it has definitely helped keep the lbs off!!!
    Weekend is almost upon us...movies tomorrow and pumpkin patch and beach on Sunday. Looking forward to it!!
    Have a great weekend xo
  • rjadams
    Options
    Still here. Not drinking much. Mostly water all weekend. Did have wine with dinner Saturday. I am starting to feel better today. I hope I can stay motivated when I get home and actually do something. The weather up here has been gorgeous lately and I think it is supposed to stay that way for a few days.

Take care dear lushes!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    The FIL is doing a bit better. He will never get well enough to leave and will be extended care from now on out. He is able to talk a bit, although its more of a whisper. He says the food is good, so that is good.

We are having a stretch of beautiful weather here in Western WA. Sunny skies and temps reaching into the 60s. Very nice fall weather.

Nice job on the 2lb loss Syd! You inspire me to get with the program!

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Halfway through the month- staying strong and surprisingly not missing alcohol that much. Probably the day that was the hardest was last Thursday when we went to a Red Wings hockey game- I've never gone to a live hockey game and not had a drink!

Glad to hear the FIL is feeling a bit better Gary!
    Great job on the 2lbs Syd!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better, Robin. It's gorgeous here too...but windy and it's our fire season so everyone is on alert.

Gary, if your FIL isn't complaining about the food, that's an amazing sign! I find once they totally give up, they stop eating.

Ann, you rock!!

I may have gained a pound or 2 back last weekend. Too much crap and not enough moving around. And my brother and SIL from Arkansas are coming this weekend. Not sure how long they're staying (thankfully not with us). My brother is fun, but a PITA and exhausting. If my SIL brings up her politics or religion, I will throw her out of my house (I'm not kidding)

Fun times!! :p
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- politics, family, and religion- NOT a good mix. MOST people know that. Its the ones that don't that make life uncomfortable! >:)

Robin- glad to hear you are feeling better. The nice weather sure helps my spirits!

Ann- Nice going on your dry October goals!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi lushes. I am being pretty good at moderation. So no change in much of anything. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I just had an interview for a really good position for me.

P.S.
    I booked the 10 year anniversary trip. Next May. Katie we are coming to Maui. B) We have to hook up for cocktails. :p