Like Minded Lushes - Fall 2018

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed, Robin!!!

Where in Maui are you going? OMG I love it there. We're probably going to do French Polynesia (Bora Bora?) next year, but haven't confirmed anything. I'm tempted to just go back to Hawaii.

Well I'm officially up almost 5 pounds. I'm hoping some is the sodium from the chinese food I had...but it's time to get off my *kitten* and start moving and cracking down on my diet or I'm going to be a total fat blob by Christmas.

The Arkansas relatives arrive on Wednesday. Wish me luck.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks Syd. We had so much fun 11 years ago when we hit Maui that we are going to do it again. our hotel is in Lahaina.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hello?
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hiya Robin! Back to the rainy dark days of fall eh?

Syd- good luck on the Arkansas relatives! Remember, don't talk politics or religion! >:)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Quiet around here...I'm 28 days in and still no alcohol :# it's actually been easier than I expected and I figure I've probably saved about $60 this month and dropped a couple of pounds. But, I'm not giving it up permanently, just going to be more aware for sure :) don't want to be a Debbie Downer on a lush thread....so bring on November 1st! ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Surviving family visit! Way too much wine last night. Taking them to the beach tomorrow before they head back to Arkansas. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I hope you all have a blessed Samhain. Out with the old and in with the new.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Halloween lushes. Out of town family is gone. I'm exhausted :p
  • ryzeman
    Options
    November first! Time is flyin' by! Not doing too bad on the moderation front. Weigh in is tomorrow so I hope to get some good news there.
    Syd- sounds like you need a couple days off to recoup from the relatives- get some R&R! B)

Ann- its November, your lush card is lonely!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Gary - not only is my lush card lonely, my husband has been lonely without his drinking buddy! Good thing its November... :#
    Syd - that is the thing with family...small doses is best! :p;)
  • rjadams
    Options
    I can't believe it is November already. I am still just plodding along. no loss no gain. *sigh* oh, well.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Wrapped up the week at another family gathering...bday for my SIL. Next weekend is my grand niece's 1st bday party then...Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away? Good grief the year is over almost :s
    I'm drinking wine as usual :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- Family gatherings is why we have wine! <3

Rare beautiful fall day here. Need to get in a walk or two. Moderating a bit. Hope the scales will have good news Friday!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I think my husband is the only one who gets excited about jury duty. He hates his job so much that he'd rather sit and listen to a bunch of lawyers all day. He got on a case that may last a couple of weeks and he's thrilled :D

I stepped on the scale and am about where I was before I packed on those 3-5 lbs. Trying to get in a routine again.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    re: Jury duty. Definitely NOT excited about a jury summons.

"Trying to get in a routine." Let me know how I can do the same!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I can relate to your husbands feelings about Jury duty. I would rather spend a day in a jury room reading waiting to be called that go to work. I have never gotten on a case. Son's wedding and huge family drama to come I am sure. (Doug's family and his exes) I will consume plenty to keep the edge off. take care all.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    No fires here, thankfully...but super windy and dry. We desperately need rain!

Hanging in there. Finally a quiet week. My brother does Thanksgiving (yay!) so next week is easy too. I'm actually getting a little excited about Xmas this year. Last year was a mess so I'm ready to decorate and go all out.

How's everyone doing? What are your Thanksgiving plans?
  • amcanzo
    Options
    I'll be cooking here....my company always gives us a fresh turkey from a local turkey farm so I always try to cook on Thanksgiving.
    Syd- glad to hear that no fires where you are!
    I think I've only had 5 beers all month so I'm still going along on minimal alcohol.... :#
  • ryzeman
    Options
    We will host the family Thanksgiving. Will most likely have around a dozen show up. We are laid back so the stress level isn't so bad.

Syd- I am glad the fires have spared San Diego. The loss of life and property is tragic!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi all, I survived the wedding but the smoke in Sacramento was awful. We flew over the Camp fire it was horrific.
    Glad to be back home and I am still plugging along. Last year we did that huge tasting menu for Thanksgiving. Just me and Doug cooking throughout the day. This year we are each choosing 3 new recipes to cook through out the day, Could be interesting.