Optimistic in October

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
last big race and long bike trail event this week then I can just focus on getting in better shape and lose some weight.
October Goals and Plans
1. Womens Triathalon goal: alive and well
2. Weight goal: 4lbs down by Nov
3. Eating: portion awareness ( got a toast problem)
4. Diet Coke...a true addiction going on
5. Increase running in pace and distance
6. Moderate sweets at daughter and sister birthday week.
7. work on off road biking and running...big race in Jan 2019....all off road
dsv06c7pnfpb.jpeg

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'll set some goals for October too!

Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. Unsweetened tea doesn't count.
    Get at least 4000 steps every day. (Average about 2900 steps in Sept.)
    Finish decluttering my living room. (Contributes to less stress!)
    No Halloween candy.
    Lose 2# by November.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    no Halloween candy is tough...my neighborhood has so many kids....i tend to eat whatever i buy for them...

( Last race and 30mile charity bike ride done!)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    was doing pretty good even though my company and I ate out twice a day for 4 days! but got my sweet tooth activated at work during ER Nurse Week so trying to get back on track....
    had nice run after eating out with Dad and daughter yesterday
  • barbhat13
    Options
    kykgvp4cby6l.jpg
  • tress29
    edited October 2018
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    no Halloween candy is tough...my neighborhood has so many kids....i tend to eat whatever i buy for them...
    I think I had 8 kids last year. I had bought full size candy bars and divided them up between my teenagers. This year, there are no teens in residence. Not sure whether to be sad about that or relieved!

Not up to 6 glasses of water everyday, but my step average is 4300. Low was 1375, high was 9349, when I was on vacation with my kids. We went to the aquarium and took a dolphin boat ride.

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well I need to up the exercise by the time the shelter people get home it's pitch black out so I am not walking the dogs any more. I am just on an eating crap and not monitoring it. It really doesn't help the bank always has junk food 24 7. I sit on my rear for 8 or 10 hours a day. I haven't out grown my clothes yet but as I didn't lose my last years winter weight I really need to watch what I eat this year. Presently we are in the mist of training again so I am out of my regular position and back to the old position and I realize how much I love my new job compared to what the old job was. I truly hate drive thru with a passion. I hate being cold and working in a confined area with one person who may be a jerk. Good thing I can go all day and not say a word. LOL

My diet coke is also an issue and my water is lacking granted lately I am not drinking much of anything as we are so short handed it's hard to run to the bathroom and when I drink I need to run. My goal is to log my food when I log I typically lose weight. So I will start there.
  • tress29
    Options
    I'm doing well with my step goal, but Diet Coke beats out water most days! I have NOT eaten any Halloween Candy or anything Pumpkin Spice! (Although my son gave me a pumpkin spice chai tea to try.)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    sabotaged myself by buying Halloween candy .....lasted 3 hours....taking most of it to daughters to share ....

have been running with my daughter who is Tigger to my Eyore! the more I run, the more I want to eat healthy...creeping up on better will power...except for Diet Coke!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    October Goals and Plans
    1. Womens Triathalon goal: alive and wellyes!
    2. Weight goal: 4lbs down by Novkinda
    3. Eating: portion awareness ( got a toast problem)toast while reading a problem
    4. Diet Coke...a true addiction going onstill too much
    5. Increase running in pace and distancerunning with daughter so faster when with her
    6. Moderate sweets at daughter and sister birthday week.yikes!
    7. work on off road biking and running...big race in Jan 2019....all off roadnot yet
    dsv06c7pnfpb.jpeg

• tress29
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. Averaged 4 glasses
    Get at least 4000 steps every day. Averaged 3900 steps, so very close!
    Finish decluttering my living room. Yeah, this didn't happen! But I crocheted 2 pumpkins, a betta fish and finished an afghan for a retirement gift.
    No Halloween candy. I ate one Halloween cookie, so I'm counting this one a win!
    Lose 2# by November. Didn't lose, but didn't gain etiher!

• barbhat13
    Options
    no Halloween candy! you are a warrior!