How would you log these carbs?

Options
Recently discovered So Delicious coconut creamer. I'm loving it in my coffee and on my keto granola. But I'm not sure I trust the carb counts. This particular brand says <1g carb per tbsp serving size. Probably not a big deal if you're only using 1 tbsp. But I use 7-9 every day. My diary says zero carbs for these. But if its barely under 1g, 9 tbsp could be as many as 6 or 7 carbs right? Over a week, thats 40 extra carbs. Do you ever account for stuff like this?

I'm low carb not truly keto, but do aim for 40-50 net carbs.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    What can add up, does add up.
    Since you aren't aiming for ketosis, then the daily addition may not be an issue for you. 7 carbs do have associated calories, and if that fits in your total, then that's fine. Some people find even 7 more carbs, for them, cause an increase in cravings or symptoms they don't want/like. Again, if that's not an issue for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just be aware of the increase of carbs affect on you, if any.

• renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I always round up when in doubt...so for me, if I was logging, I would count 1 carb per tbsp. Plus I would add calories (assume 4 calories per gram of carb)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It does say 10 calories per tbsp and I'm definitely tracking those in my diary and adjusting accordingly. Is there a way to just enter extra carbs like there is for calories?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    It does say 10 calories per tbsp and I'm definitely tracking those in my diary and adjusting accordingly. Is there a way to just enter extra carbs like there is for calories?

Premium might have that feature, but the free version does not. Back when I counted net carbs, I put my fiber and carb columns next to one another so I could subtract and then used the Notes feature to keep track of things like the creamer issue.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I think your only options are to use the My Recipe option or to create a new entry in the database.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Yes to the bold/italics. Just go to your food diary and search "carbs". A few "carb" entries exist already that show 1 carb/4 calories. Enter how many carbs you want and the calories will compute at 1x4. When I did it the 1st 2 entries were "carbs" at 1 gram and 4 calories so you shouldn't have to search much.

FWIW comparable entries also exist for protein and fat at 1 gram and 4 and 9 respectively.