Do i have the treat and the ramifications!

fatsork
fatsork Posts: 82 Member
Hi guys been on keto for about a month lost weight and feel great, however iv been gifted with an asian sweet delicacy , i want to treat myself tomorrow- how much of a detriment will this be - it’s basically a sweet paratha?? I have decided i will eat it but want to know wat will happen in terms of my body, any advice from experienced ketoers please??? I plan to eat well the rest of the day

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Most likely it will be bye bye ketosis for a while if you don't plan this right. You aren't far enough in to be fat adapted. One thing you could trying would be to eat these right before and right after an intense type workout without any other carbs being in the body. Let the body use the carbs right away for fuel.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    If you eat a lot at once, and it is high in carbs, you may go out of ketosis. For some, that could be 30g, but for others it may be higher.

If you want to avoid going out of ketosis, you could eat less over a few meals or exercise after eating it.

If you go out of ketosis, you'll probably be back in within a day or so. You might regain water weight for a day, maybe a pound or so. No biggie.

My only worries would be if you have blood glucose issues. Then you might want to limit it. Or if carbs tend to set off cravings and increase your appetite in a way that would derail your diet. If not, then I would eat it and enjoy it. ;)
  • fatsork
    fatsork Posts: 82 Member
    Thank you guys for the advice i will definitely not let it derail me, now im thiinking i will definitely be more active after the eating, dont think i will have time for a vigorous workout but i can probably incorporate more walking and housework on that day.