Motivation

hpmc0929
hpmc0929 Posts: 6 Member
Hi ladies, what do you do and tell yourself when motivation is dipping?

My goal is to lose another 4 lbs but the last couple I find myself allowing myself to go over my calorie budget with a couple 100 calories everyday because 'I can be strict later'... There has been two weekends with birthday celebration and there is my partners 30th tomorrow and a wedding next week and I find it hard to refocus.

All your best tips would be welcome <3 !

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    I honestly wouldn’t mind letting myself relax a little bit for a few days especially when I’m that close to goal weight. But one thing I’d do for sure: take out the best dress/ new bikini I have & put it somewhere obvious in closet so I kind of push myself to try it on (moment of truth always shows in front of mirror instead of on the scale... :tongue: )
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    The last few lbs can be difficult especially if you are already happy where you are. You have to ask yourself, why? Why do I want to do this? For me it has become a lifestyle. I set goals for myself and I like to see them through. There are times where I take a break or take things easy and other times where I am highly disciplined and push myself. It can help to write out your goals and set steps to accomplish them. Maintaining for periods of time is also OK to you don't always have to be on all the time.

Good luck!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I join the biggest loser group on here. It always motivates me to lose
  • samifaye0607
    samifaye0607 Posts: 4 Member
    Needing routines to help me loose weight. Just out of hip surgery and told I have to take it slow. I need help with my portion sizes too.
  • hpmc0929
    hpmc0929 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks ladies! I think maintaining for a bit but still visualizing and writing out the next goal is good idea, I will do that xxx
  • pinkkatmilk
    pinkkatmilk Posts: 43 Member
    I remember why I started.
    To be the fittest, healthiest, most positive version of me I can be.
    Remember why you started when you lack motivation, it needs to be about more than just a number on a scale.
    I promise you happiness will not come from anywhere but inside you.

Welcome to add me as a friend, I have nothing to lose, but im always here to support you.
  • pinkkatmilk
    pinkkatmilk Posts: 43 Member
    I remember why I started.
    To be the fittest, healthiest, most positive version of me I can be.
    Remember why you started when you lack motivation, it needs to be about more than just a number on a scale.
    I promise you happiness will not come from anywhere but inside you.

Welcome to add me as a friend, I have nothing to lose, but im always here to support you.
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Great tips everyone! I'm just starting back up again and trying to lose 20+ lbs. Feel free to add me and help me stay accountable!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    hpmc0929 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, what do you do and tell yourself when motivation is dipping?

My goal is to lose another 4 lbs but the last couple I find myself allowing myself to go over my calorie budget with a couple 100 calories everyday because 'I can be strict later'... There has been two weekends with birthday celebration and there is my partners 30th tomorrow and a wedding next week and I find it hard to refocus.

All your best tips would be welcome <3 !

may be this will help. Motivation: You’re Doing it Wrong
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/motivation-youre-doing-it-wrong/?utm_source=onboard&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=coaching_v_control&utm_term=02_bestof_motivation&inf_contact_key=ea06ffd91ccf71224b2a567dfc2b10eda2c9f7ee2e5a15f003eedf9b3408a0f3