Metabolic Reset question

Options
dipitie
dipitie Posts: 25 Member
So I posted a couple weeks ago after I got an RMR test that was significantly low - 944 kcal a day. I am 5'9", 164 pounds, 50 years old.

I started a metabolic reset, as well as higher healthy fat/protein meal plan with a nutritionist, about a week ago. Heybales spreadsheet has me at 1501 RMR and a TDEE of 2464. I have been eating an average of 2612 calories a day total, 1722 calories net after exercise. My weight has not changed, in fact, I'm still at my lowest weight in the last three years. I was unsure about the validity of the test, and now I'm convinced it was either wrong or my metabolism is very resilient.

I'm totally fine with doing a full 8-12 week metabolic reset but now I'm not sure I need to?I'm not super anxious or desperate to start losing again, but I also want to keep working towards better health and better fitting clothes. What would you do if you were me?

Replies

• KristenJoy1989
    Options
    You seem to be getting ALOT of food and not gaining weight and you seem to be getting enough calories for your workout so i don't see why you would need to reset anymore unless you just wanted to. I'm in the early stages of bringing my calories up and doing less running. Im trying to focus on lifting heavy and i have no idea what i'm doing. I hope i have as good of luck as you tho.
  • dipitie
    dipitie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm working with a nutritionist that cleaned up my diet a LOT and has me eating WAY more fat than I would have eaten. I've been on low fat for so long, she thinks my body was starving for fat. I'm not allowed any GMO or processed fat, but pastured organic butter, coconut oil and butter, nuts, animal fats (preferably pastured/organic/no hormones), olive oil, avocado, etc. She thinks this will also help reset my satiety and hunger cues so I actually notice them! The only foods that are off limits are reduced fat anything (whole milk, whole yogurt, etc.) and GMO/processed crap so no corn oil, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated fats, things I can't pronounce, etc. I really think this helped a lot. Real food for the win!

I feel pretty confident that if I continue to eat like this with a small deficit, I will start to lose again, but I'm having so much fun eating! LOL
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic that you have upped your calories to that level and aren't gaining! Whether or not you continue with the reset would probably depend on your past eating/dieting history. The idea of the reset is that it is sort of "training" your metabolism of where it should be. You really want to be stable at that level for some time (8 weeks or more) before starting your moderate 10 - 15% cut.