Keto bashing in the forums.

Options
rsclause
rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
I click on most keto threads because I am still learning and find keto interesting. I have been around long enough to see the same people that dislike keto WOE and seek out any thread with keto in the title. They then start in with the exact same comments that are starting to look like a cut and paste campaign to tell keto people how wrong or cought up in a fad we are. I myself got cought up in a debate about CICO where I said the exact same thing four or five times and was accused of denying gravity, being obtuse, and just don't understand basic science. I used a very blunt but the same basic explanation and that last time was told "glad you excepted it". I have grown tried of these same arrogant people that seek out every keto tread like moths to a light. Sorry for the rant.

Samples from one thread:
It's got the same efficacy rate as pretty much all other diets.
Your calories to lose weight will be the same as if you were eating any other way.
Any weight lost on keto is due to a calorie deficit
There are many ways to be successful at weight loss and there is no one size fits all.
"What We Do in the Shadows" is more factual than "The Magic Pill"
The Magic Pill, like most Netflix "documentaries" is an agenda driven fictionalization
Keto does nothing special
not getting proper nutrients (which Keto would only worse)?

Replies

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I heard a commentator say "diet is the new religion" and he may be right. People get very dogmatic about their WOE. I wouldn't waste time talking to those who don't really want a discussion. People have , for the most part, lost the ability to reason. They think just making an assertion is an argument.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    My counsel is to avoid admitting to keto on the main forums. You will pick up a bunch of woo's no matter what you say. I do think that certain things about the failures of keto are fundamental tenets of faith for some people. I will say something from time to time, but I almost always regret it.

They say you should never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. Just a reminder that per our agreement with the main mods, we DON'T critique, or bash the views of those on the main forums.
    For reminder's sake, here are OUR rules. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10184341/please-read-group-expectations#latest
    Thanks all
This discussion has been closed.