Hello?

cloudsky
cloudsky Posts: 1 Member
Is this group still active? I was just diagnosed a couple weeks ago and could use some advice with fitness and weight loss.

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I think there’s still a few of us checking in regularly, it’s not a very active group probably because of our health issues. I check in often and @canadjineh seems to check in regularly too. I was diagnosed a few years ago, still experimenting with different things but I have a good idea of what works in my case now and I’m a lot more stable than I used to be. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi cloudsky and welcome. Before I got sick almost 9 years ago I was in the health and fitness industry for over 25 yrs. I definitely cannot do what I used to but try to stay fairly active even though each day is different. I eat low carb/healthy fats, and gluten free since I also have Celiac disease. I DO find that being GF makes a huge difference in my pain and fatigue levels (just my personal experience.) I also intermittently fast with a shorter eating window every day (16 hours w/o food, then 8 hours for 1 major meal dinner with hubby, and a protein and fat snack at work around midnight). Seems to work easily for me since I have been in maintenance for the past few years now, albeit a little bit above my favorite weight. There are lots of good threads on this group, but you may not be able to see them on your phone. I don't use the app, I log on with my desktop and in my regular Chrome browser on my tablet. Send me a friend request if you like. Are you willing to share a bit of your history with us?
  • raekaylee096
    raekaylee096 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I was actually diagnosed about a week ago.
  • canadjineh
    Hi I was actually diagnosed about a week ago.

Welcome, do you have other family members with FM too? Technically it's not genetic but certain gene traits may mean the likelihood of getting FM is higher within families. Do you find it's a bit of a relief just to finally find out what's going on with your body? What's your method of dealing with day to day life?

• cloudmuncher16
    cloudmuncher16 Posts: 7 Member
    cloudsky wrote: »
    Is this group still active? I was just diagnosed a couple weeks ago and could use some advice with fitness and weight loss.

If you still want/need advice on this I would be happy to help, I've had it for 4+years and have got some okayish ideas on how to manage it now...
  • canadjineh
    Hi @cloudsky. Are you still around? How are you doing?
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    I was diagnosed 17 years ago and has been a journey of ups and down. Many if my family members have it to. Have other health issues and struggled through the years with mental health. Would love to connect with others going through the same
  • canadjineh
    Hi @darleenturner! You are welcome to friend me, you'll notice that as a group we FM'ers are fairly quiet....I think because lots of pain & fatigue, along with brain fog means we may not log on to chat that often.
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    @canadjineh tried but didnt work. do you want to try and add me
  • canadjineh
    Hi @darleenturner - I tried to find a way to add you, but it only seemed to offer me a message option, so I'll try that next. We'll get this worked out, lol. ;)