How are things?

How is everyone doing? This group gets so quiet sometimes! I hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    I get so busy with my home feed, I forget to come on the forum! I'm still tracking and maintaining, pretty much. I'm not good at weighing myself, but lost some fat and gained some muscle over the summer and seem to have stayed the same since. I would say this is a tricky time of year for me, as it's so busy with family birthdays, social events and Christmas combined with colder, darker days. I'm really trying to focus on self-care, sleep, rest in between, eating nutritious food when I can.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Yes, it's been pretty quiet. I check in periodically to see if I can be of help, but not much going on. I've been thinking of rebooting Whole30 to eliminate the sugar (fruit) because this time of year is the toughest to refrain.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm rebooting. I fell way off track and I can feel it. I am going to try to be more active here as I have to maintain!!

My major roadblock has been prep. i was devoting each Sunday to prep and that faded once summer started (between work and travel). I now know that if I don't prep, I eat horribly!!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    madwells1 wrote: »
    I'm rebooting. I fell way off track and I can feel it. I am going to try to be more active here as I have to maintain!!

My major roadblock has been prep. i was devoting each Sunday to prep and that faded once summer started (between work and travel). I now know that if I don't prep, I eat horribly!!

Back on paleo (was primal, but sadly must concede that dairy and I do not get along at all) starting with a Whole30 for a kickstart. Day 3.
  • homesweeths
    (p.s. amen about prep. It really helps me stay on track.)
  • madwells1
    Day 1 restart and I didn't die!

It's amazing how unwanted sugars (in the form of carbs like bread for me) spiral me into a death drop! I prepped today and it just made me realize how little time I have been spending on eating whole, real, food.

Always a challenge.
  • homesweeths
    Day 4. Hanging in there despite dd’s chocolate cupcakes on the counter...
  • madwells1
    Day 3, staying strong! I feel so much better already! Simply cutting processed sugars out that creeped back in and prepping and making my own food----I am not always hungry. So happy...;keep me motivated!
  • madwells1
    Day 9 after restart. I am feeling so much better. I did have it out with some frozen potstickers last night....but all in all, doing much better, and feeling much better.

Hope everyone is well!!