Restarting

Options
hoping32
hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
So today is the beginning a my journey to health. (Again). I have some old recipes and some new ones. I am stocking my pantry and food prepping today. I am trying to set myself up for success. Anyone else out there? ๐Ÿ™‚

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :) Staring is the hardest part, IMO. Good luck.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK. :)
  • MarissaTriesAgain
    MarissaTriesAgain Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I recently restarted my journey, too.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in. I have fallen into carb land and again all I think about is food. I am going to restart Keto and then move into Paleo. But I have to end the carbs so my hunger stops.
    Good luck.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    After repeated failure I had to leave all food containing added sugars and or any form of any grain cold turkey. I knew the risks were high if I did not finally stop the yo-yoing weight. That was Oct 2014. After a hellish two weeks the carb cravings grip on my eating started to slip fast.

I think restarting was the easy part and finding the correct macros that would stop the cravings and binging was my hardest part.

Best of success and the journey for each may be very different.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I restarted about a month go but haven't really posted much yet. Wanted to make sure I wasn't dropping out after a few days or week again.

Meal prepping saves me. I work 12 hr shifts, so I prep and pack a full meal and two smaller meals....

You are so wise to meal prep! I'm 2 years keto this month and meal prepping is a must for me. It's not uncommon for me to have something in the oven, the Instant Pot and the Crockpot all at the same time, lol. Foods that are tasty, keto and freeze well come in soooooo handy when pressed for time in our busy lives. Looks like you're doing great. Keep it up. :)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    me too, start again, I lost 20 lbs rather fast and went off low carb, weight came off so slowly I am getting discouraged so I got back on this week and 2 lbs came right off. To be honest don't know if I can do low carb all the time but I know I can bounce back and forth, maybe try 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I am almost at goal so trying to figure it out.
  • middleagedmeh
    middleagedmeh Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I used this account back in 2014 and lost 30 kg.
    I just restarted 2 weeks after regaining nearly 18kg over the last year (fell off the wagon and stress of divorce).
    Back on the wagon and going for it again. This time I know it will work because I have done it before.

Good luck and welcome back.
  • hoping32
    hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I do love the great recipes. Food prep really helps