Lost 12 pounds still the same size

fatsork
fatsork Posts: 82 Member
Hi guys after 2 months keto iv lost about 12 pounds, iv measures and have lost about 2 cm or so off stomach and not much in other areas, im still the same size im about 5ft5 .. how much weight did you have to lose to see a difference in dress size?

Replies

• rootbooty
    rootbooty Posts: 9 Member
    I'm down about 14 pounds after a month and am just on the cusp of one size being a little too big while the next lower size is a little too tight to be comfortable.
  • CallMeErby
    CallMeErby Posts: 3 Member
    If you’re big on dairy try removing some cheese from your eating to see if that will help. Some people on keto get stagnant when incorporating too much dairy. Also, are you eating enough fresh green vegetables & drinking ample amounts of water?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2018
    I found I needed to lose more to move down a size the farther away from my goal I was. The heavier I was, the slower the size change.

The first size down took almost 20 lbs. Now that I'm close to goal, sizes change at about every 10 lbs.
  • fatsork
    Ok i feel less alone in this then ! I kept questioning have I really lost weight, im on a current stall so im questioning everything lol
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    I can't comment on dress sizes, may be different, but I haven't seen a change in my pants size until at least every 25 - 30 lbs. 4 years ago, after 130 lbs lost, I was only down 2 pants sizes.
    while on keto, i am seeing results on the tape measure and pants sizes after only 2 months (which looks to be a better gauge of success that I wish I knew about when I started trying to lose weight/fat again)
  • fatsork
    zanyterp wrote: »
    I can't comment on dress sizes, may be different, but I haven't seen a change in my pants size until at least every 25 - 30 lbs. 4 years ago, after 130 lbs lost, I was only down 2 pants sizes.
    while on keto, i am seeing results on the tape measure and pants sizes after only 2 months (which looks to be a better gauge of success that I wish I knew about when I started trying to lose weight/fat again)

May i ask in terms of tape measurements did you see big differences? For example for me iv seen about 2 cms off chest and 2 cm off stomach?
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    I have starting and finishing waist and neck measurements. I can't remember when I was an inch down though. I do remember a plateau when I was doing nothing on the scales and my jeans were falling off almost as soon as I got a smaller size.

From start to finish, I lost 12 inches on my waist and 3 inches on my neck. It was a big change.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Don’t worry too much about dropping a size yet. Most sizes are about 20-25 lbs. We don’t realize that when we’re overweight and begin to lose weight, we lose the fat around our organs first before we actually see the loss around our waist. Continue to weigh and measure yourself every so often and document the loss. Don’t just measure your waist, but your hips, thighs, arms, legs etc.
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2018
    For me it is around the 15 pound mark that I go down a size. I am in between sizes which is frustrating. Size 10 is way too tight on my stomach but size 12 is way too big in my thighs.
  • fatsork
    For me it is around the 15 pound mark that I go down a size. I am in between sizes which is frustrating. Size 10 is way too tight on my stomach but size 12 is way too big in my thighs.

Thanks for that majority of ppl are daying between 15 - to 20 pounds to see a difference,
  • rootbooty
    rootbooty Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2018

I find the same: 15 lbs per size. I'm down 16 lbs from my start weight and have just moved from a 16 to a 14
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    I have same situation with stomach vs legs on pants. Yesterday I tried the next smaller size in a stretch denim jean. It fit on stomach and was comfortable (but I didn't like how they looked on me so for now I'll stick to bigger size.)