welcome

Options
1Froggie1
1Froggie1 Posts: 44 Member
Hello everyone, I hope you can help push me when I need it. I hope I can help you with your goals. I've been trying to do my workouts before work because I go into work at 1 p.m. I lose about an hour each day just driving to work. My struggle is not eating the right foods and/or not eating enough. I have about 35 pounds to lose and hopefully tone. Of course I have my lazy days and do not want to workout. I should be working out 3 - 5 days a week for about 30 mins. a day. I also joined an ab group for daily challeges which I am held accountable by checking in. On an end note good luck to everyone in the group and enjoy your journey.

Replies

• donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to fit 'work outs' around my home and work life, this week I've managed 15-20min speed walks during my luch hour, but so far no fitness dvd's once my son is tucked up in bed! It's been too hot to jump around inside and he's too young to be home alone! But i have lost 2lbs this week by weighing everything I eat and staying under 1500cals! going to fit in a couple of longer walks or a bike ride this weekend and enjoy having so calaries to eat back!
  • makalye77
    makalye77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome 1Froggie1! As of right now I am exercising five times a week, but all that is about to come to a stop. I am a teacher and school starts next week! I am trying to come up with a new routine, but I need to wait and see how my school day will be. I am hoping I can exercise at the gym at least three to four times a week. I am looking forward to Sundays and Saturdays. It is just when the students leave I just want to go home, get in some lazy clothes, get a nutty bar, get in the bed and eat and think about how my day went. I refuse to gain those 12 pounds back this year! I do have lazy days and I think everyone should have them just to rest. Lately I have been wanting to go out and eat and I did good staying away from fast food all summer until my birthday. I have food at home and I keep telling myself that. lol I will do my best to motivate you and hope that you do the same for me! We can do it together!

I see you down there Donniesauous! How was your day today? Keeping those 2 pounds off I see! Good Job!
  • brittanybaby87
    brittanybaby87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My 9-5 is a little longer than that as I have first formation @ 6:20. My overall job though is a desk job and I have ppl around me who are not watching their weight. I love going to the gym n working out just need some motivation after such a long day...plus it'd be nice if my hunny joined me.
  • makalye77
    Options
    Hey Brittany! Welcome! I remember my father getting up early for PT in the morning and thinking Happy I am a child! I am going to try to get up at least once a week at 4:30am to be at the gym and get my other workouts after work. I am going to throw in some Hip Hop Abs at least one or two days. It is fun and a real workout. My coworkers who are not teacher and can leave for lunch love to bring fast food into the school which really messes with me, so i know how you feel. I have a plan since I usually get hungry at 3:00pm I am going to cut up some fruit and this will help me by pass those fast food places in the evening. We were told that our workday will be ending at 4:15pm this year.....reminds to be seen! We usually clock out at 5:00pm, bit don't leave until almost 7:00pm. We have to motivate each other! Try Shaun T Hip Hop Abs you will not regret it! You can do it at home.
  • unkeptwalnut
    unkeptwalnut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wanted to join this group because I just started a 9-5 desk job after 7 years of on my feet work averaging well over 10,000 steps with my fitbit. I'm going to be looking into bike commuting and planning movement into my schedule. To make things a little more challenging, I'm trying to cook and keep a house for me on a 1st or 2nd shift job and my partner on a 3rd shift. Oh life, but we're going to make this work.
  • makalye77
    Options
    Welcome Unkeptwalnut! Happy to have you! All of you!