Preplanning for the Feasting Season

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
It is headed our way, so pre plan for it. What are you going to do to stay on your eating program during the Feasting Holidays?

GO....

Replies

• retirehappy
    Options
    Halloween no candies coming into the house, ordered glow in the dark bracelets to give out instead of sweets.

Thanksgiving will be a roasted bird, I found a butcher that has a variety to select from so have to decide which one to try out this year, maybe pheasant. I have found some recipes for non grain based dressings, so will do one of those to go with it. green bean almondine, cauliflower mash, green salad, & almond flour buns. Finishing with dessert, some of the frozen raspberries from our garden along with some walnuts, topped with whipped cream.

Winter Yuletide dinner Cheese fondue with almond bun cubes, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, ham cubes, and apple slices for dipping. Dessert will be cheesecake muffins, I'm thinking of going with chocolate ones, but maybe pumpkin.

New Years Cabbage and black eyes peas with pork loin & green salad. Dessert will be another cheesecake muffin, which ever one we don't do for the Yuletide dinner.

So what are you doing????
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This will be difficult for me, I'm really going to have to stay focused and keep in mind by following a low carb, low fat, low sugar and 1500 calorie eating plan I will reach my goal.
    Not sure if I have already mentioned it but I'm on steroids for PMR (polymyalgia rheumatica).
    Was diagnosed in February of this year. It has been a real struggle. Currently I have gained 6 lbs since returning to MFP.
    At times I think it's a losing battle. The holidays will be a challenge. I'm so glad to have the support of friends on MFP. I'm going to check out some of the links for eating plans you have put up for us !!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to make it through Halloween, lol. Those bracelets were a good idea. :)
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will be out of town for 3 weeks, discipline is a must for my survival !

• retirehappy
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to make it through Halloween, lol. Those bracelets were a good idea. :)

The kids seemed to like them and a couple of parents told me thanks, they have plenty of candies already. One little girl jumped up and down and begged for more bracelets, I had plenty so gave the whole group doubles. By putting three sections together we were able to make necklaces, so we had done a few of those, the guys liked putting those on the tops of their masks, pretty creative.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hope everyone is planning what to cook and eat on Thanksgiving. Anyone found new recipes to keep yourself on track and still feel like it is a feasting meal? Would like to see any of those in here.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    How did everyone do over Thanksgiving? I feasted then fasted for 36 hrs. and am down 4 lbs. from last Wednesday.

What are you all planning for the other upcoming holidays, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's Eve/Day?

DH and I are planning a lchf Fondue for our Winter Feasting. I am really looking forward to that. I have a keto bread that will be good for replacing the French bread we used to use. Ham along with broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus also for dipping. I will make homemade chocolate fat bombs instead of chocolate fondue for dessert. Champagne to accompany it all.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    So how are you all going to be handling the next round of feasts? Christmas and New Year's Day, within a week of each other. Always a challenge aren't they?

What is your plan for not gaining weight during that time?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I'm doing a multiday fast before the holiday arrives. Started last night and plan to go through to Saturday night. I really want to be comfortably in my weight range for the new year. So I will mix up fasting (Ifing & EXfasts) and feasting thru to New Year's Day.