Can’t seem to get into ketosis

Options
2»

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Easy test that doesn't require many subjects. Find a diabetic and have them eat these two meals over two days. On day 1 eat 200 grams of protein in 1 meal. On day 2 eat 200 grams carbs of potato in 1 meal. My money is on the potato meal showing the much much higher sugar reading. :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    blairpent8 wrote: »
    Fast. 20 hour fasts work. First for your state of mind and it’s you against your brain telling you to eat every 5 minutes but after that 18 hours, you can ride the fasting train. Follow Low-Carb llama on Instagram. Fast with her and know you aren’t the only one out there fasting and having challenges!
    Thanks for mentioning low carb llama. What a great website she has too.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nixonz wrote: »
    Keep in mind that too much protein will turn to glucose as well. Eating too much fat is definitely not keeping you out of ketosis.

70-20-10 seems to be the perfect macro ratio for me. It keeps me in light ketosis.

I have lost 44 pounds and even though I’ve reached by goal weight quite a while back, the way I feel and my great numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure keep me eating this way

Have never felt better and more energetic at 53

Thank you for sharing. I've seen that many do great with super high protein levels, but I seem to do best at 75-20-5. When I tried to increase my protein (and perhaps I increased it too much) I started feeling like I did pre-keto. I was not a happy camper, and it took me awhile to get my good keto energy back when I went back to my lower protein amount.