Halloween is coming!

Options
cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
So here in the Des Moines, Iowa area, we get two nights of crazy fun. Someone’s brainchild was to have “beggar’s night” on October 30th with the thought that by moving trick or treating back a day mayhem and vandalism on October 31 would be reduced. Um. ....What?

Since this is my first year in Iowa, I’m not quite sure how that works. Do I end up handing out candy for both nights? Do the cute little candy grabbers come on Tuesday and the egg-laden hooligans roam the streets on Wednesday? I dunno.

You are wondering where this is leading, I know.

If you are like me, you have already started to amass the candy supply for the upcoming event. What is your plan to stay out of the candy bowl? And what will happen to your leftover candy on November 1? What’s the plan, Ladies? Plan now and avoid the sugar rush!

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Lol!!! I’m addicted to candy. I have no plans but to just take it day by day. I’m open to suggestions.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    Lol!!! I’m addicted to candy. I have no plans but to just take it day by day. I’m open to suggestions.

The only surefire, complete avoidance method is to buy NO candy and on Halloween nite, turn all the lights out and hide in a back room. Which is no stinkin’ fun and gets you a reputation in the neighborhood of being “those people”...which may or may not be accompanied by eye rolling and/or pejorative swear words. 😛
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

The only surefire, complete avoidance method is to buy NO candy and on Halloween nite, turn all the lights out and hide in a back room. Which is no stinkin’ fun and gets you a reputation in the neighborhood of being “those people”...which may or may not be accompanied by eye rolling and/or pejorative swear words. 😛

Lol!!! Too late! Plus my children would question me to death.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am planning on going to get candy for the day on Monday evening. We never have that many trick or treaters, so getting only a bit and what we like. We will eat what we want that night and I'm not stressing about it. Nothing before, and no more after! The rest will be given away or thrown away after that night! :wink:
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    I’m planning to take my extra to my office. Maybe save a little for my husband to take on his upcoming road trip.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The first Halloween after I moved here, children came around and I had not prepared anything. The next year, I had prepared little sachets and nobody came. After that, I would get treats that I like myself. I'd be working on costume design for school and barely any thought of costume for myself. There aren't any children in my neighborhood right now. That Halloween KitKat bag was so good, I just went overboard with the servings. I will get myself a treat.
This discussion has been closed.