Recalculating #'s...assistance needed...

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
When I started keto 5 weeks ago, I was at 206.8lbs. As of this morning I am down to 192.4lbs. I understand that I have to recalculate my macros every so often (10lbs or so?) I used the keto calculator, but they all give different numbers. I put myself as sedentary with a 20% deficit, and these were my numbers:

1400kcals
25g carbs
89g protein (usually go over)
105g fat

When just doing CICO, I would put myself down as sedentary and eat back half my calories burned, have not done this with keto.

Not sure if I should change it to Moderately Active- I go to the gym 5-6 times a week, am doing mostly cardio/swimming and hope to get a weigh lifting routine sooner than later- or just keep it as is with the new weight.

I am 36, 192.4lbs, 5'3.

Any help is appreciated!!

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest staying on the track you are on for at least another 3 weeks as those numbers look good. If you have been doing strict keto the last 5 weeks you are right outside the average break through point of becoming fat adapted which is where all the good stuff starts to happen.

Getting to fat adapted will allow the switch to happen to using fat as the primary fuel. You can then start adjusting macros. For instance with my workouts I am all the way back up to 70g a day of carbs/about 40-50 net. Less fat more protein are also now in my macros. It's like giving your body premium fuel that keeps the engine running nonstop where the carb/sugar stuff is good for a quick blast of energy.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You are still losing at a good rate, I would not recalculate until you hit at least a 3 week stall...why cut calories lower before you really need to?
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    Thanks! I was just checking because I had read it was good to recalculate after x amount of pounds! Will keep at it!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's good to do some adjustment after a while but it would be good policy to ignore the first 10 pounds in the calculations. Likely it's water weight etc.
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    @qweck3 will do, thanks!