Weekly Post 05/11/2018 - 11/11/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,976 Member
Good morning everybody!

Wow, that weekend flew by! Next thing we know, Thanksgiving (USA) is going to be upon us. Anybody have any nice plans? I am not sure what we are doing. Our families will both be away, so it may be just us two cooking a turkey breast and fixin's at home. I don't mind that either. :)

Planning to hit 1200 - 1400 calories today if possible. Also planning to hit the gym each day after work. The weekends have been tough with gym consistency lately. My guy has been dealing with pain in his hip, so we have been taking it easy and letting him rest when possible. Weekends make the most sense for now since we tend to be busy with other stuff.

Off to fill up my water cup and let the day begin. Have a nice one all! If you are fasting today - you got this!!

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi all! First fast day of the week. I am going to try 600 and see how it goes. If it stalls the scale I will back it down. In general, doing ok. Getting ready for the new job. Trying to declutter. Wish me luck!

@meghan509- You are my hero for resisting the candy. What fantastic growth to celebrate!

Have a great week y'all. B)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi again!

Thank you and good luck with your fast @jknight001 hope 600 goes well. I bet you will be fine!
    Good luck in prepping for new job and decluttering! Oooh how I could use a declutter. We have a knack lately for buying used books at book sales. All I can say is Holy Books Batman! :o

Was trying just now to log on to the Android MFP app via my phone and it kept asking me for my password. I was worried it would re-set after too many attempts of failing. Not sure why it was asking or failing as I was using the correct password and I was on earlier. Anyway, had to use the 'puter to log in my snack. UGH. Just letting you guys know in case you have an issue.

Yes, I can say I have refrained from eating any Halloween candy which is good! Right now I am dealing with quite a decent hormonal headache so the gym may be out tonight. We shall see.

See you soon!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Oh dear... I had a huge calorie weekend and yesterday because the kids were off school and it was my excuse to eat nothing but junk. Was going to fast today but my little seven year old girl woke up with a swollen gland in her neck. Bless her she looked terrible. She is a bit better and home with me today, but of course it was another excuse to have toast and tea this morning so I’m already nearly 500cals! I will try my best to keep to 1200 today and try to declutter my kitchen.

@Meghan509 I had the same trouble with being kicked out. I had to reset my password, what a pain.

I’m scared to weigh myself so I will keep myself in the dark for a couple of weeks so I can maybe save face.

Here to adapting to change...I need to stop letting it through me off or take it as an excuse.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

@snaps27 I know what you mean about those types of weekends. Sigh... Hang in there.

I managed to log back in today via the app, with no difficulty. It took my current password. Maybe MFP is updating stuff so there was a glitch?

Things are going here. Busy at work. Lousy weather. Bah. Hope everybody has a good day. See you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope everybody is having a good week. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. I am still fat. And tired. But I am still going! I hope you all are having a great week!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Sending hugs @KateNkognito I hear you. My back has been sore lately when I wake up in the morning. I don't know what is causing it. I feel so stiff and creaky sometimes. I had to pop an Aleeve today because it was that bad. UGH.

Not much happening here. Sticking with my calorie goals and have been to the gym the last few nights.

Hope everybody is good. If you are fasting today - you got this!

See you all soon.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I’m so sorry for the absence...I feel like I came back in a flurry only to “leave” again! Tbh, I’ve been Uber-focused on my new job. I’m loving working for WW and have recommitted to working that program. I found an interesting read on Pinterest (super scientific, I know), but it’s been a game changer. I’m now 5 lbs away from where I started after my mom died. I’ll post in the stats thread. Training was fun. I felt like a big girl, traveling to the big city all on her own. Even though I live in a city with almost 500,000 people. Lol. At any rate, while I’m not going to double track (unless the scale stalls) between WW and MFP, I’m still going to post and stay somewhat active here. And I haven’t decided how fasting will play a role. I’m losing weight rn, but I believe wholeheartedly in the other health benefits of fasting. Hope everyone is doing well and are looking forward to Thanksgiving!! Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Way to go @flossyruby1 Do you mind sharing that read you found on Pinterest? I could use a game changer. :)

I could use a kick in the butt too. But, taking it one day at a time. Just not really feeling 100% focused lately. Getting to the gym has been hard. Just plain old don't feel like it and been having a general feeling of meh when it comes to fully committing to calorie counting, fasting, etc.

Still dealing with back pain which stinks. Waking up feeling stiff and creaky is not cool. Can't I just sit on the couch all day and read a book? That is all I feel like doing lately. Sigh... :'(

But don't mind me. I am here to cheer everybody on. :)

Hope you have a great day and I will check back again later or on the weekend.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Wow tough week for me too. Rrrrrrr! And end the week on a total snack fest. And now feel disgusting :s This weekend I will write out an action plan and stick to it. Six weeks til the kids holiday, I can do it! Back in focus!! Have a great weekend.
  • flossyruby1
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @meghan509 I would be happy to. I can try to DM you a link, but it may not make any sense bc it is related to WW. If you are a member, then it will make perfect sense. Let me know if you still want it. I weighed in at WW on Tuesday at 152. This morning I’m at 149.3.

Actually...while the basis of the article may not make sense if you aren’t a WW member, the author writes down what she eats in a week. At the end of the post, she says she lost 6 lbs. I’m vegan, so I had to adapt it to me, but so far so good. I’ll fetch the link and post here.
  • flossyruby1
    edited November 2018
    Options
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I have had a crazy week, but I think I have probably broken even on the calorie front. If anything, I think I have lost some hormone weight. We have a four day school week next week and then we have off 8 days for Thanksgiving. I don't think we are having the meal at my house, so I should be able to fast a couple of days to make up for the main event and end up even, or maybe with a loss.
    I am filling out my application for my school district this weekend. Pray for me! I have no idea where God wants me, so I will just put in applications everywhere! LOL

Thanks, @flossyruby1 for the article. I am familiar with WW, so I get what she was saying.

@Meghan509 I hope you feel better and find your mojo!

@snaps27 Prayers for you sticking to your plan! You can do it!!

Flossy's article reminded me of Whole 30. Has anyone tried it? (I think I have asked, but I am senile and can't remember. LOL) If so, what did you think? Can it be done with a family around?
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Helllooo... wow, I was a little MIA there for a bit!! Too much gardening (my own house plus the folks.. I help out there so they stay in there house!) but my hands are killing me! I need a soothing soak! Hubs bought me Epsom salts and they do feel better, give that another go tomorrow.

I’ve also been horrible at eating candy!! Just hate Halloween - the sales! Oh they were giving it away!!! So it’s all been eaten so no more!!!

Shopped for a new coat and I couldn’t zip up the medium!!! Maybe the moon is not aligned here... sounds like I’m not the only one struggling this week. Also experienced that mfp lockout!! Lost my streak too... oh well, new starts are more fun anyway.

Meghan I hear ya... loud & clear girl! You’ve reached that peak, the one where you think why... why oh why!!! Well have your moment. Enjoy it. Then refocus cause you’ve done so well!!! You were 240lb!! You’ve really done fantastic!! Go look at some old photos of yourself and buy a new water bottle.... you got this!

Well tomorrow I’m going for a walk in my new size L coat! Sucks, but that’s what I gotta do... walk!

Glad to see everyone is busy posting! I’m going to measure and post next week, there probs won’t be a change... at least there better not be to the greater side!!! Omg

Good night!
  • Meghan509
    Options

Thank you so much for this! Will check it out! :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I really wish a body could actually freeze their posterior off!! It is so cold here, that would make up for it. :D It was in the 70's and sunny last weekend. Now is is sleeting and below freezing.

@mamainthekitchen I hope your hands feel better and the lack of candy has helped the new coat fit better!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I have tomorrow off, too. Hoping to get a lot done with my extra day off.