Alternative to crackers

Hey hey! I'm going to a cookout tomorrow night and they're serving raw oysters. Does anyone have any tips on eating these without crackers? I think the only other options will be fried and that's not going to work either. I would just eat a meal before going but we're supposed to be there all day.

Replies

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    There are keto cracker recipes on YouTube. Flackers.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    There are keto cracker recipes on YouTube. Flackers.

Thank you!! I'll for sure look into that!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    On the half shell is my prefered method.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Omg...raw, with a tiny squirt of lemon juice, and a pinch of black pepper, and then then enjoy the pure deliciousness...

If you're accustomed to raw oysters on crackers, then I agree with the Flackers suggestion. (I wonder how that would be on crispy parmesan cheese?)

You could also do a faux-Rockafeller; garlic, shallot, butter, herbs, a splash of Pernod, and fresh parmesan cheese...just skip the breadcrumbs...once they're dressed, set them on the grill with the lid closed for 10 minutes or so. The mignonette sauce is pretty keto-friendly, too.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    We like to take a low carb/keto pre-made pizza crust (KBosh pizzas are only 3 carbs for the entire pizza crust) and cut the crust up into cracker-sized pieces. Pop 'em in the oven and then use them as crackers. They work great. :)
  • dowhatrightis
    dowhatrightis Posts: 30 Member
    Fathead dough can be rolled extra thin for crackers.