Percentages..

sdguy2002
sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
SO i have no problem staying under 25 grams of carbs. but is it a percentage thing and how much does it matter? right now i think i have it as 55% fat 45% protein and 5% carbs. sometimes i dont hit my calorie mark because it adjusts for my exercise. Im all or nothing so started walking everyday and quit drinking. New to keto and would like to get a better grasp. If i had no carbs does it matter percentage for that day?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You can go with a percentage if that works better for you, particularly if you are adding in exercise. You will stay in ketosis at higher carb levels if you are working out, so in that case percentages make sense.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Some find it helps to consider your carbs as your ceiling - a number to stay below. If 25g is about 5%, and you like that goal, try to stay under it. If you eat no carbs in a day, it's just 100 calories; you could skip it or use those cLories to get more protein or fat if hungry... Or eat your carbs.

If you are exercising and wanting to eat back some of those burned calories, you certainly could eat more carbs.... Or not. Do what works for you at that time.