This story was on CBS News yesterday

Options

Replies

• rnjenny8599
    rnjenny8599 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know its going to take some time, but I see little hints that things are changing.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I find it sort of ironic that it was commented on this study does not tell us a lot because was it the low carbs, or the high fat, or both, or the lack of grains and sugars? I usually see people complaining that a study does not show LCHF effectiveness because protein was not kept constant, but when it is kept constant, then it's another problem. Lol

I look forward to the studies with low carb, high carb without refined carbs, and high carb with refined grains. More information can only help acceptance, and our knowledge of why it works so well for some.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo I completely agree with you, plus I'm sure tomorrow a new study will come out that will say something different, and the journalists will sensationalize that in a clickbait-y title.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I saw a Lustig video the other day where he said acceptance of new truths has three stages:
    1. Ridiculed
    2. Violently opposed
    3. Accepted as (an inherent or obvious) truth.

I think LCHF has mostly moved past 1, and even past 2 in many areas. We're not at 3 yet for all of LCHF. Yet.

Acceptance of LCHF as a viable healthy option for some people has really progressed since I started researching LCHF and Keto for myself 4-5 years ago. When I started, people were worried I would die after I explained what LCHF or Keto was. Now, most people barely bat an eye, or they know others doing it. The concerns I hear now are about its effect on long term health. Proof on its safety is a few years away, I think.