Keto supplements

lndabwn
lndabwn Posts: 1 Member
Yea or nay, do u find u loose faster taking them?

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited November 2018
    Don't waste your money on supplements or things like Keto urine strips. Found that they didn't do a thing for me. I'd stick to putting the money into things like quality meats and low carb foods like cauliflower. Just my opinion.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Salt and magnesium are my keto supplements...and if I wasn't lifting 6 days a week I might drop the mag, but currently I get muscle cramps if I skip it.

I also do D3, but that's more because I'm in N.America and it's heading into winter now so I'm not outside in bare skin much anymore. MSM to treat my carpal tunnel and Natural Changes 3x/week for my delightful perimenopause hormones...but none of that group really has anything to do with keto, it's more specific to me and my own issues.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    Keto supplements = Expensive Pee

I never took one, and I lost over 90lb.
    qweck3 wrote: »
    Don't waste your money on supplements or things like Keto urine strips. Found that they didn't do a thing for me. I'd stick to putting the money into things like quality meats and low carb foods like cauliflower. Just my opinion.
    ^^That, too.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Test strips? I just pee on a dollar bill and found that it is just as effective.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Most "keto" tagged products seem to be a ripoff.. It's like low carb plus a 50% markup.

I use vitamins like D3 since I know I get SAD each year and 4000IU brings me back to normal, a multivitamin, fish oil if I'm not eating actual fish that week, mag, potassium. If I notice I'm getting an extended deficit of anything major, I'll add it back the week, like an iron supplement. I've had low iron before, and I'd prefer not to go through that again. With the keto diet, it's not so much of an issue since it has plenty of protein.
    Salt and magnesium are my keto supplements...and if I wasn't lifting 6 days a week I might drop the mag, but currently I get muscle cramps if I skip it.

I also do D3, but that's more because I'm in N.America and it's heading into winter now so I'm not outside in bare skin much anymore. MSM to treat my carpal tunnel and Natural Changes 3x/week for my delightful perimenopause hormones...but none of that group really has anything to do with keto, it's more specific to me and my own issues.

What's MSM?

Totally anecdotal for my own experience, but Keto side effects and/or going off a carb heavy diet (I dunno which) of lowered inflammation helped my CT/RSI a ton. I had trouble closing my hands before, to the extend I'd have to force my hands closed.. Now, it's normal and I rarely have to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for anything.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    MSM = methylsulfonylmethane

It's an organic form of sulphur and it helps to strengthen cellular walls - I take 4,500mg 3x/day, fortunately, it's also pretty cheap
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    As far as the weight loss promised by using them... it’s all gimmick.