Thanksgiving

Options
Samquentin
Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
It's been really quiet in here! I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

I'm hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year... Making SO MUCH FOOD. and SO MUCH I don't eat!!! But, it'll be great to be with family, and have everyone enjoy themselves!!

It'll be my parents, hubs parents, and our combined three kids, the hubs of the girl-21, and MY GRANDBABY!!! ;D I'm so excited. (they live three hours from us, so we don't get to see the baby as often as we would prefer.)

Just in-case your curious!!
Turkey
Green bean casserole
regular green beans
corn casserole
noodles
mashed potatoes and gravy
stuffing/dressing
rolls
cranberry sauce
olives/pickles
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
low carb pumpkin cheesecake

(I don't eat noodles, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, not a fan of how I feel... :D)
I will however, eat a bite of pecan pie. OMG, I LOVE PECAN PIE! but I know I'll feel like death if I eat a whole slice.

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on the grandbaby!

I have two Thanksgivings this year! The first is with the BF's family. I'm bringing my mashed cauliflower, so I know I can eat that and turkey, lol!

The second is a Friendsgiving. I'm bringing my cauliflower and some keto cookies. That way, when they all eat the pie all night, I know I can at least have those! Plus, the hostess is making devilled eggs, turkey and ham. So I'll have a few options. Luckily, I've never been a fan of green bean casserole and overly-sweet sweet potatoes, so I should be good there!

Thanksgiving was always a throwaway holiday for me, so not too rough. We'll be going to the gym in the morning, his brother is actually doing "dinner" at 5pm, not early afternoon, so it'll be rough to eat too much, luckily!

Having a plan is always the way to go! Happy Holiday!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving!
    I’m Canadian we had ours a while back, but I will be down there for some shopping Friday :)
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Happy thanksgiving!
    I’m Canadian we had ours a while back, but I will be down there for some shopping Friday :)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving @HLaR79 !

Oh yes.... BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!! Already planning my trip! :D It's so much fun!!!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »

Oh yes.... BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!! Already planning my trip! :D It's so much fun!!!

Oh NO! I avoid going out on Black Friday, other than to the gym! Nope. Hide. Those crowds trigger my anxiety, which becomes road ragish, lol!