What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Exercise really helps. While listening to music you really love. It doesn't have to be super intense - just move and enjoy the feeling of your muscles working. Its a great break when stress is intense. Hope you feel better soon!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How can I calculate how many calories I should be eating ? I find this very confusing. MFP says I should be eating 1220 which is very less as my BMR is around 1500 calories. How exactly do you set the calorie goal ?
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    srufus wrote: »
    How can I calculate how many calories I should be eating ? I find this very confusing. MFP says I should be eating 1220 which is very less as my BMR is around 1500 calories. How exactly do you set the calorie goal ?

Give a look at this
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    NSV, yay me I didn't binge storytime!

So today I had my second final out of three and I was feeling some way, feeling like I deserved a "little" treat for doing so well on my previous two finals ... a little treat turned into 5 little treats and a whole lot of discouragement. I didn't want to log all my little treats because I felt as if I went over my calorie limit. My plan was to originally not log a thing and use my second pass day (while also scarfing down a dozen fresh baked cookies). But I'm so glad I logged everything I ate because it turns out I didn't overeat nearly as bad as I thought I did! In fact, I still have a whole 95 calories left!

So I am very happy because I didn't let my perception of how much I ate turn into a full blown binge because I literally placed my order for a dozen cookies (and an entire pint of ice cream) and I was about to smack that "place order" button when I literally just told myself to wait. Take a breath, log everything I ate, and then (and I know this next part doesn't make any sense, but I'm just being honest) if it turns out I ate too many calories to go ahead and use a pass day and place my order for a dozen cookies and a pint of ice cream.

I still need to work on my all or nothing mindset (if I go over my calories then I'm going OVER my calories and bingeing on everything). Next time, that will be my goal: to decide not to binge regardless of whether or not I wen over my calories that day. But I am making progress towards becoming completely binge free. So yay me!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @FitAndLean_5738 Good for you! You are learning how to make good choices. There is so much learning that has to take place in the early part of this process. You did well! Good luck on your last final.
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @jan110144

Thank you so much! Your kind words really mean a lot to me.

Thank you -- I feel I did well on my final!