Options

Replies

• BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    December 3

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

A pretty routine day
  • egr5610
    egr5610 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes! 60 min yoga class and shovelling ALL. THE. SNOW.!!

Tracking: yes!

Daily calorie goal: yes! Now that I have my tracking apps sorted 😉
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,167 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3; thanks for a double spin worklut
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bounced back! Hooray! Typically when I fall off any wagon I just wallow in the mud, feeding on self pity (and copious amounts of chocolate) but yesterday I did very well!

Food? Perfect -- I was literally 3 calories below my target
    Exercise? Double -- I did a 40 minute workout using the Nike Training Club App
    Tracking? Of course!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    I bounced back! Hooray! Typically when I fall off any wagon I just wallow in the mud, feeding on self pity (and copious amounts of chocolate) but yesterday I did very well!

Food? Perfect -- I was literally 3 calories below my target
    Exercise? Double -- I did a 40 minute workout using the Nike Training Club App
    Tracking? Of course!

Good for you!. You are too precious to "wallow in the mud". You have conquered! You are a victor!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    @SeaShepMN
    SeaShepMN wrote: »
    Exercise - Yes!
    Tracking - Yes!
    Calories - Yes!

Three day streak - it's building confidence that I can do this! :)

Feels Great doesn’t it!?
    Increased confidence —> Less stress —> easier to lose = healthy circle ⭕️ to a healthier you!

Congrats on your streak! Beginning IS the hardest!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

Two weeks ago I read an article saying that HIIT workouts resulted in better heart health, ability to exercise longer into your older age, and several other things, but what caught my eye was people who did HIIT lost belly fat while people who did other kinds of exercise didn’t.

This was motivation enough for me because that is the last part of my body I’m trying to whittle down with continued weight loss (even though I know you can’t spot reduce it seems to be the last area to lose wt for many people.) I’m also working to decrease worry & to get more sleep!

So I started doing three times a week I started with four intervals but 22 minutes and worked up to six.

Yesterday, I did the 6...then decided to keep going for an hour. 11 Intervals! Ha!

Our bodies are amazing! I was 3X sore after the first 5 times. Yesterday & today, I’m fine - just a barely noticeable feeling of having worked the muscles.

Our bodies are amazing! #babysteps

relf3o57ifbz.jpeg
    u8obxzj5r0m7.jpeg
  • sarge175
    sarge175 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes to all three...been a busy day to say the least...tpnpc8r1uuwt.jpg
  • FitAndLean_5738
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

Two weeks ago I read an article saying that HIIT workouts resulted in better heart health, ability to exercise longer into your older age, and several other things, but what caught my eye was people who did HIIT lost belly fat while people who did other kinds of exercise didn’t.

This was motivation enough for me because that is the last part of my body I’m trying to whittle down with continued weight loss (even though I know you can’t spot reduce it seems to be the last area to lose wt for many people.) I’m also working to decrease worry & to get more sleep!

So I started doing three times a week I started with four intervals but 22 minutes and worked up to six.

Yesterday, I did the 6...then decided to keep going for an hour. 11 Intervals! Ha!

Our bodies are amazing! I was 3X sore after the first 5 times. Yesterday & today, I’m fine - just a barely noticeable feeling of having worked the muscles.

Nice! What sort of split did you do? Do you work for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, or do something different?

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

Hmmmmmmm - maybe I'll go back to trying the HIIT setting on my stationary bike as part of my plan - with caveat-to-self that I have to eat back THOSE exercise calories (when I was biking in Sept, I plateaued, suspicion was burning / not eating enough back. Joined here - first time in Oct - lower exercise calories burned not 100% eaten back, plateau broke.) It is saggy baggy tummy I want to tighten up (not target-lose - just get muscle strength and tone back)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

Nice! What sort of split did you do? Do you work for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, or do something different?

After a 3 min warm up:

It’s a 4-minute repeating interval
    2 mins in under 110 bpm
    1 min 119
    1 peak minute 126 (but I often go into 130/140

Repeat
    Then 3 min cool down
  • FitAndLean_5738
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

After a 3 min warm up:

2 mins in under 110 bpm
    1 min 119

Repeat
    Then 3 min cool down

Thank you so much! I'm going to try this out and let y'all know how it goes!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

After a 3 min warm up:

2 mins in under 110 bpm
    1 min 119

Repeat
    Then 3 min cool down

Thank you so much! I'm going to try this out and let y'all know how it goes!

Awesome! I hurt until the 6th one.
    # of intervals
    4 ow!
    4 ow!
    4 ow to ok
    6 OW
    4 I better cut back (also took long hikes)
    11 I waited 2 days then did this. Feels Great!

I find I can read for first 2-3 mins of interval, then I set it down & go as fast as I can for a minute. Then start reading again! LOL

Pls let us know how it goes!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

Hmmmmmmm - maybe I'll go back to trying the HIIT setting on my stationary bike as part of my plan - with caveat-to-self that I have to eat back THOSE exercise calories (when I was biking in Sept, I plateaued, suspicion was burning / not eating enough back. Joined here - first time in Oct - lower exercise calories burned not 100% eaten back, plateau broke.) It is saggy baggy tummy I want to tighten up (not target-lose - just get muscle strength and tone back)

I definitely eat a fair amount (sometimes a All) of my exercise calories. I want my muscles to have the nutrients to get stronger. But my Apple Watch seems to underestimate my calorie burn, so if what I eat & what the watch says I Burned are equal, I still lose.
  • feelingbetterthanevernow
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement, w8goal4life. Yesterday and today, did well for intake and tracking, but ran in the ditch both days on exercise! Yesterday back hurt too bad to exercise and today I was gone all day until it was dark outside; when finally got home had migraine. Oh brother.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Dec 3
    Yes x 3
    Our bodies are amazing!

I definitely eat a fair amount (sometimes a All) of my exercise calories. I want my muscles to have the nutrients to get stronger. But my Apple Watch seems to underestimate my calorie burn, so if what I eat & what the watch says I Burned are equal, I still lose.

All I have to go on are my MFP food logging, and transferring in the calorie burn my Wii exergame estimates, or the bike estimated. I keep the game profile weight updated every 3 weeks or so, but am on a mini-trampoline so the burn is probably actually higher than the stats. The bike doesn't ask weight - height - sex so probably only an approx burn there but no way of knowing if it is guessing too high or too low.
  • fitnessnessness2018
    Options
    Date: 12/3
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 3 walks totaling 2.31 miles + 15 mins yoga before bed (and then fell asleep before getting my 12th Stand hour! Whoops.).

yhrbreuknvxv.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Date: 12/3
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 3 walks totaling 2.31 miles + 15 mins yoga before bed (and then fell asleep before getting my 12th Stand hour! Whoops.).

yhrbreuknvxv.png

Sleep is good!