New administrators

Options
OSUalum
OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
Hi group members!
This group keeps growing and that is a wonderful thing! In this crazy world of processed foods and GMOs its important to share ideas, goals and concerns with other people of like mind.
That said, because of the large number of participants, it takes more and more time to keep the group up-to-date, edited and organized.

I think the best bet would be to find new/ more administrators to help with the organization. Any takers for helping with that?

We don't want haters and argumentative types. At times there will be differences of opinion as to what 'clean eating' means to that person. Thats to be expected. But in no way do we want this to be a spot for judgment and ugliness. Isn't that exactly what we're trying to fight in the world?

Think about it.
Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Beth (osualum)

Replies

• whatsforsupper
    whatsforsupper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Please do consider moderating... If are unable to find others to help we may have to close the group.

Whatsforsupper (Lisa)
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP AND I AGREE IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO HAVE A CLOSED GROUP THAT CAN BE MONITORED , I EAT ORGANIC, CLEAN, RAW AND LIEN 80-85% OF THE TIME I ALSO DETOX AND I REBOUND FOR MY LYMPS... AS WELL AS DRYBRUSHING , DEEP BREATHING AND YOGA AND MEDITATION ETC.
  • whatsforsupper
    whatsforsupper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great! Beth and I can add you to the mix. We'd also know it's a big job so we welcome others!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help but am interested in a little more clarification. For instance, would mods be more about moderating posts or just removing people trolling from the group? I'm a big believer in groups not being a place for people against the overall beliefs of the group to come and start debates with those genuinely interested and open to the ideas. The vegan groups are invaluable for that. There's enough anti on the main forums.
  • OSUalum
    Options
    I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP AND I AGREE IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO HAVE A CLOSED GROUP THAT CAN BE MONITORED , I EAT ORGANIC, CLEAN, RAW AND LIEN 80-85% OF THE TIME I ALSO DETOX AND I REBOUND FOR MY LYMPS... AS WELL AS DRYBRUSHING , DEEP BREATHING AND YOGA AND MEDITATION ETC.

Thank you! I have just added you.
    Lets brainstorm our next plan. So far I have been trying to clean up the group and delete members that haven't been on mfp for months. Theres so many!

beth
  • OSUalum
    Options
    I'd be happy to help but am interested in a little more clarification. For instance, would mods be more about moderating posts or just removing people trolling from the group? I'm a big believer in groups not being a place for people against the overall beliefs of the group to come and start debates with those genuinely interested and open to the ideas. The vegan groups are invaluable for that. There's enough anti on the main forums.

FlaxMilk, I totally agree. My goal is for this group to be one of sharing ideas, recipes, articles ect.
    One thing we all have to be aware of though...clean eating takes many forms...including vegan, paleo, raw, etc. My concern hasn't be about any particular diet strategy, but rather the rudeness some people show to others. Sometimes a healthy debate can open minds. But when it starts to close off people thats not healthy.
    Make sense?
    I think the biggest thing is for the moderators to work as a team. No random decisions without consulting eachiother.
  • BrandNewAmy
    BrandNewAmy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you're still looking for admins, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I am VERY new to clean eating but will be using this group a lot in September as I kick start my new way of life! {I'm a teacher so September is always a new year for me so I'm making it my new year for good health!} If you'd prefer not to have a newbie be an admin, I'm fine with that too, just shoot me a PM instead of calling me out in public...LOL!!

Thanks! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you're still looking I'd be happy to help. Yes, I just joined the group, but as you can see I've been around. And am an advocate for clean eating. Been eating clean for 12 years.

(if it matters I also moderated a forum of 45,000 teens once)