Starting Keto on Monday!!

Options
13»

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @kahart625 IF == Intermittent Fasting. my off-the-cuff explanation (because I have not taken time to dive into it as I am not yet to where i will be attempting it) is that it is a targeted/intentional extended fast rather than the 8ish hours associated with dinner to breakfast. the goal, from my read on the group, is that by depriving your metabolism of new food, it will use the stores it already has (either carbs/glucose or eventually, if all goes well, fat). the standard ratio mentioned is 16/8 (16 hours of fasting through the day; eating all meals/snacks/etc during the remaining 8 hours of the day)
  • maddog1769
    maddog1769 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cmbalint wrote: »
    so if I'm under my calories at the end of the day Its ok?Because it says I may not lose because I'm not eating enough

I used to believe that, but have been IF (with keto) now for 14 months and no longer believe it. and neither do the 35 pounds i lost.

It's ok! its how our early ancestors did it naturally and they seemed to populate the world okay.
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :D
  • kahart625
    kahart625 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    so i know i keep coming on here every other week questioning this Keto way and If Im doing it right, but yet, here I am again, and still wondering. Can anyone maybe share any "tips" on things that have worked surefire for them? I know we are all different and not everything works for everyone. But honestly, something HAS to work at some point for me and I have yet to find it. I've been doing Keto since Early December and have lost 4 pounds in about 6 weeks. And I read on here oooo i lost 10 pounds a month,or 5 pound last WEEK,, and here I am, I lose a few ounces a week. While yay, it's losing and not gaining at least, but if i am putting a deficit to my calories and eating under 1400, i'm hitting my carb count of less than 19 net per day, hitting around my fat count of 100g per day and i usually am under my protein which is 131 g per day. My fat used to be higher and my protein lower, but some on here said I should adjust it to this way since I wasnt losing anything. I work out approx. 3 days per week for 45-60 minutes. And no, im not losing inches either. And Yes, i've been to the dr. and nothing is out of the ordinary.
    I need a BAM this works everytime kind of trick to get things moving in the right direction. Any tips or hints that I can try to see if they will work for me? Oh and I've started taking Forskolin also. no change.
    Frustrated!!!