Summer Sausage

Options
TheDevastator
TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
What's your favorite brand of summer sausage?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My uncle, who sadly passed away a year ago, made the world's best summer sausage. Nothing even comes close!

I'll try others' suggestions though. :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't even care, I will get whatever the grocery store has, it's all pretty delicious to me.

But, I did have some bison summer sausage many years ago, and it was super amazing!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm summer sausage.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Hillshire Farms Beef Summer Sausage. I'd buy one of those big 3 pounders every holiday season. I think they changed the recipe a couple years ago. It is sort of mushy now and the flavor is different so I no longer have a favorite. :'(
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I'm thinking of buying Klements because I really like their beer brats.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hubs brought one home! Lucky me (and weird vegetarian I'm married to!)
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Hubs brought one home! Lucky me (and weird vegetarian I'm married to!)
    Lucky you until I steal it. Actually they are pretty cheap for the amount of meat you get.
  • TheDevastator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I bought Klements because it’s no msg. Can’t wait to try some. I would like to try summer sausage and a slice of Swiss cheese wrapped in nori or bacon and pepperoni wrapped in nori.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Johnsonville Garlic
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stick to processed meats for only when I am traveling and/or hiking/backpacking... basically when circumstances call for something that can't be refrigerated (I eat carnivore, so nuts are not an option).

My favorite is Old Wisconsin Beef Sausage sticks. They are sticks, though... If I'm getting an entire roll of summer sausage and cutting it up, I like Hilshire Farms.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I’m not too choosy when it comes to summer sausage. Kroger’s private Selection is pretty tasty.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I loved summer sausage growing up. The one in the yellow Oscar meyer packaging. Slapped on some white bread with cheddar cheese and yellow Mustard. Come to think of it, that's how I ate bologna too, lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sorry....my fave is Freybe Genoa Salami...not a summer sausage, but I can eat the whole 250g package in one go. :o
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Klements was really good. I knew it would be. I had it with swiss and colby jack cheese. I was watching Solo at the time. I thought it was a decent movie although I heard a lot of people trash it. I'll be sure to try several other kinds of summer sausage as long as it doesn't have msg or other questionable ingredients. I'll look for salami too. Braunschweiger also is really tasty.
  • Michelyta
    Michelyta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Johnsonville hands down! Original or beef