Leslie Sansone December 2018 Walk Challenge

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    December 1: 2 hours garden clean up and raking/ bagging leaves in yard

December 2: Rest day
    December 3: 3 miles, Fast & Fun Miles, 2 Walk Blasters, 1 hour raking/ bagging leaves in yard
    December 4: 2 miles, Burn 30, 15 minutes Firm 30, 1 Walk Blaster
    December 5: 3 Walk Blasters and about 30 minutes walking.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    Goal for December: 3 Strength workouts a week.

12/1.... Strength and Stamina Workout # 2 28 minutes
    12/3.... Low impact aerobics 60 minutes
    12/4.... Strength workout 48 minutes and 1 mile of 3 Fun &Fast Miles
    12/5.... 25 minutes of aerobics
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    19.13/100

5.46 mile walk this afternoon. I walked from one park to 2 others and back. I had no idea that I could this. I was afraid to cross a bridge over the freeway to do so but I faced my fear and did it. I saw a jogger do this and I followed him.
  • AnnofB
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    19.13/100

5.46 mile walk this afternoon. I walked from one park to 2 others and back. I had no idea that I could this. I was afraid to cross a bridge over the freeway to do so but I faced my fear and did it. I saw a jogger do this and I followed him.

Fantastic, Mary! You faced your fear and won. :)
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB wrote: »

12/6.... 20 minutes of aerobics

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Wait, what! you were in town and didn't give me a heads up. lol

zichab wrote: »
    Goal: 30 minutes/day 5 days a week (2 miles/day =62 total miles minimum)
    Geez, I make my first goal to walk 30 minutes a day and do not do it on DAY 2!!! :explode: I got a lot of miles in though because we went to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert in Grand Rapids yesterday. Lost of walking to the arena, out for a great dinner and back to the hotel. However, I know me and if I do not make it up and stay on task, I will fizzle out again and that can't happen so 45 minutes today and tomorrow will make up the 30 minutes I skipped! I hate self discipline! :grumble:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

• PinkyPan1
    23.95/100

4.82 mile walk. Legs and ankle are sore and it was freaking cold out. I do not mind the cold so much but add the wind in...it was brutal.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Time for a change for me. For December, I intend to focus more on strength this month. 3 strength workouts a week. For sure I'll be marching with Leslie some as well as Jessica Smith. I'm going to shoot for 2 yoga workouts a week as well.

Let's get fit, y'all!!

I'm right there with you on the strength workouts, @AnnofB. I love your plan to do 3 strength workouts a week. I think I went at it too hard last month trying to do it 7 days a week and that's the reason I had trouble sticking with it. Do you personally count walks with Leslie as strength if they involve weights or like her Miracle Miles band? Just curious. :smile:

Hi VeggieGirlforLife. I do count the Muscle Mile (I think this is from the Walk Away The Pounds set) of Leslie's as a strength workout. I don't think that the Miracle Miles are a strength workout. The strength sections seem to me to be too short to produce results.

I have to admit I'm not really a fan of strength workouts but I know I need them, so, I'm "making" myself do them. I'd rather be sidestepping and knee lifting with Leslie and Jessica. :) What sort of strength workouts do you do? Do you have DVD's or youtube workouts that are your go-to's? Good luck this month. I admire you for going for those 120 miles AND doing strength too. You go Girl!

@AnnofB Thanks for your reply. It helps me to know what others consider "strength training." I agree, I'd much rather just walk with Leslie. I mostly use my DVDs, I haven't found anything on YouTube that I like enough to stick with although I'm very open to suggestions if you have any. I use my Pilates DVDs and Jillian Michaels. I recently tweaked my upper back again at work, so I'm laying low on strength right now. I'm almost certain I get hurt easily because my muscles are not strong enough, yet every time I set out to work on it, I get hurt. :disappointed: Frustrating!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Dec 3: 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    Dec 4: 4 Mile Walk
    Dec 5: 3 Mile Walk
    Dec 6: 5 Mile Walk
    Dec 7: 5 Mile Walk

28 of 120
  • AnnofB
    Hi VeggieGirlforLife. I do count the Muscle Mile (I think this is from the Walk Away The Pounds set) of Leslie's as a strength workout. I don't think that the Miracle Miles are a strength workout. The strength sections seem to me to be too short to produce results.

I have to admit I'm not really a fan of strength workouts but I know I need them, so, I'm "making" myself do them. I'd rather be sidestepping and knee lifting with Leslie and Jessica. :) What sort of strength workouts do you do? Do you have DVD's or youtube workouts that are your go-to's? Good luck this month. I admire you for going for those 120 miles AND doing strength too. You go Girl! [/quote]

@AnnofB Thanks for your reply. It helps me to know what others consider "strength training." I agree, I'd much rather just walk with Leslie. I mostly use my DVDs, I haven't found anything on YouTube that I like enough to stick with although I'm very open to suggestions if you have any. I use my Pilates DVDs and Jillian Michaels. I recently tweaked my upper back again at work, so I'm laying low on strength right now. I'm almost certain I get hurt easily because my muscles are not strong enough, yet every time I set out to work on it, I get hurt. :disappointed: Frustrating![/quote]

Oh no! Wanting to do something but being limited by an injury equals true frustration. I hope your upper back will heal quickly. I almost forgot to mention a website called Hasfit. All kinds of workouts there for all levels. (Hey, maybe there are workouts for recuperating from injury, just thought of that) I have done some of the workouts there and have liked them. Get well soon!
  • AnnofB

12/7.... 25 minute strength workout and one mile of 5 Mix and Match Miles by J.S.
  • PinkyPan1
    27.97/100

4.02 mile walk
  • AnnofB

12/7.... 25 minute strength workout and one mile of 5 Mix and Match Miles by J.S.
    12/9.... 40 minutes of The 5 Day Slim Down
  • texasgardnr

December 3: 3 miles, Fast & Fun Miles, 2 Walk Blasters, 1 hour raking/ bagging leaves in yard
    December 5: 3 Walk Blasters and about 30 minutes walking
    December 6: 60 minutes mall walk waiting for service on my phone to be done
    December 7: 2 miles Burn 30, Tone Every Zone: upper Body circuit & Fast Walk. 1 Walk Blaster
    December 8: 3 miles: Burn Body Fat, 1 Walk Blaster

December 9: Rest Day

• PinkyPan1
    33.54/100

5.57 miles golfing this afternoon. Yep...19 degrees when we started and 27 degrees when we finished. COLD!!!!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,097 Member
    14.29 Miles tracked last week. Not great but I did get a couple of workouts in. Moving forward again this week.
  • texasgardnr

December 7: 2 miles Burn 30, Tone Every Zone: Upper Body Circuit & Fast Walk. 1 Walk Blaster
    December 8: 3 miles: Burn Body Fat, 1 Walk Blaster

December 10: 3 Mega Miles, 1 Walk Blaster (cool down & stretching)

• AnnofB

12/2.... Rest day
    12/8.... rest day
    12/9.... 40 minutes of The 5 Day Slim Down
    12/10 and 11.... out with friends!
    12/12.... 25 minute strength workout and an 18 minute mile with Leslie (Burn to the Beat Super Burn)

• PinkyPan1
    39.80/100

6.26 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • texasgardnr
    @AnnofB, that was an excellent exercise combination today.

@PinkyPan1, great golfing mileage!

December 7: 2 miles, Burn 30, Tone Every Zone: Upper Body Circuit & Fast Walk. 1 Walk Blaster
    December 8: 3 miles, Burn Body Fat, 1 Walk Blaster

December 10: 3 Mega Miles, 1 Walk Blaster (cool down & stretching)
    December 11: lighter but busy day with walking while getting errands finished
    December 12: 3 miles, Walking Off the Pounds, 1 Walk Blaster, gazelle