RIP George H.W. Bush

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Hated to hear this. While I may not have always agreed with is politics, I did have a lot of respect for him.

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    He was a mixed bag for me. I always appreciated his sense of humor especially with Dana Carvey playing him on SNL. He knew how to laugh
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I also respected him, even if I didn't agree with his politics. He was presidential.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    RIP 41.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    Amen and amen. How nice to see someone acting presidential. Sure I had disagreements but always civil. He will be missed.
  • savignr
    savignr Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Department of weird circumstances. I got to shake hands with him and with Roger Clemens on the same day on the sidelines before a Texans-Bills game.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Like many of you, didn't agree with his decisions (especially Gulf War I). In fact, I sent him a letter that got me a response addressed to MR. Kim Smith. Never had I gotten a letter from anyone who didn't know me who addressed me as MR. I guess I got someone's attention.

That said, in my opinion, he acted far more presidential than the current occupant of the White House.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    As others have indicated, I did not always agree with him, but I always had great respect for him. RIP.