DIM

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
A while back someone here said they were using DIM. Are you still, and does it seem to help?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I did use it for like most of a year, 9ish months...it seemed to help...particularly with energy level and shedding some stubborn belly fat...which just may be a side effect of having more energy...I have since come off of it for a while, but I was thinking of going back to it.

I think I came off just because I got tired of taking things all the time, and over the summer I wasn't consistent about remembering it anyway so I just stopped.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I did use it for like most of a year, 9ish months...it seemed to help...particularly with energy level and shedding some stubborn belly fat...which just may be a side effect of having more energy...I have since come off of it for a while, but I was thinking of going back to it.

I think I came off just because I got tired of taking things all the time, and over the summer I wasn't consistent about remembering it anyway so I just stopped.

Awesome. Thanks. Is there a brand you prefer? Or a dosage you recommend?
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I just got the VitaCost generic, I have had good luck with their generics and sometimes you can find them BOGO 1/2 off...I don't remember how much I was taking, but I think it was 2 every time I ate...which is only twice a day, so 4 a day probably???

https://vitacost.com/vitacost-cruciferous-vegetables-dim
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I am definitely back on this...I noticed in April that I was getting thicker in the middle even when my weight and body fat were stable, it's like my body fat is just moving from wherever right to my waistline.

No one wants that.

I've been back on DIM the last couple weeks. I'm taking 2 capsules 3x/day. It doesn't make me nauseous when I take it on an empty stomach (I'm not a breakfast person) but it does make me feel a bit bloated and it makes my pee smell atrocious, like when I eat asparagus. I'll do measurements tomorrow and at the end of June to see if it's helping to trim the waistline any.

Did you decided to give it a shot, and if so are you willing to share any changes or results you have seen?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I haven't yet. I should...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I have found that if I take Stomach Comfort (which is like an herbal version of tums) when the bloating feeling begins, then it goes away and I don't have to deal with it.

I just had a menstrual cycle start with no warning...no precursor cramping like I normally get, not sure if that's related to the DIM or just coincidental.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    On a more pointed note...I did measurements and my belly button circumference is slimming.

That's usually an area I can never trim no matter how much weight I lose, so I'm kinda pleased.

Of course, that's in conjunction with food/exercise to trim fat in the first place, but I'm guessing the change in WHERE I'm losing it from is likely related to the addition of DIM.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of dim. It looks like it's otc. Is that correct? I'm desperate for some relief!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Yes, it's made from cruciferous vegetables, so it's pretty tame as far as supplements go.

WebMD info:
    https://webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1049/diindolylmethane

This is the brand I use, currently take 2 capsules 3x/day, but I sometimes forget and only get in 1 or 2 doses:
    https://vitacost.com/vitacost-cruciferous-vegetables-dim
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I'm tired of this stupid DIM bothering my stomach so much...I'm cutting back to 1 capsule 3x/day.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    On the back of this, I've just started to take these again. I am taking one supplement a day - they suggest you start on half ! I take Estrohalt- DIM Supplement. When I first took it, there was a significant change in my waist and belly fat so am hoping for the same this time round !