This December I Will....

Options

Replies

• M310
    M310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Some stressful medical things going on and today I did not eat wisely, so I'm a bit discouraged. We're ready for a new week though, so just go from here.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @77tes I’m glad you’ve been able to get some sewing in this week. Trying a new machine might be stressful when you’ve got a deadline to meet. I use a walking foot a lot so I’ve found it to be a good investment.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Last week I tried to implement my new 10:30 bedtime. I made the goal 3/7 of the nights. On the other nights, I was sometimes close, but each morning woke up early enough to get a workout before my children awoke. I didn't get up in time on Friday, but gave that to myself as my rest day since it was jam-packed (as was Thursday.) @77tes, I love to sew also.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    I haven't dropped off face of the earth. Still dealing with after effects of concussion. Getting migraines every day at work, having difficulty seeing my computer screen and just plain getting through the day right now. Seeing a doctor at the Concussion Clinic on Thursday so hopefully they'll be able to help me manage this better.

I'll be back on posting as soon as I am dealing better with the headaches. I think of you all daily and hope everyone is doing well. (((BIG HUGS)))
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I finished reading The Gifts Of Imperfection by Brene' Brown. A wonderful book about being yourself and living a wholehearted life. I highly recommend this book. Interesting side note from this book. I have always wished I could dance. I am not very good and I am very uncomfortable dancing in front of anyone except Jonny. In the book she explains that "there is no form of self expression that makes us feel more vulnerable than dancing. It's literally full-body vulnerability." I read that and yelled out loud "YES!". I just assumed that I must lack rhythm....even though I love to sing. Turns out I lack confidence when it comes to dancing. Hmmmmm…now what? LOL
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I finished reading The Gifts Of Imperfection by Brene' Brown. A wonderful book about being yourself and living a wholehearted life. I highly recommend this book. Interesting side note from this book. I have always wished I could dance. I am not very good and I am very uncomfortable dancing in front of anyone except Jonny. In the book she explains that "there is no form of self expression that makes us feel more vulnerable than dancing. It's literally full-body vulnerability." I read that and yelled out loud "YES!". I just assumed that I must lack rhythm....even though I love to sing. Turns out I lack confidence when it comes to dancing. Hmmmmm…now what? LOL

I felt the same about dancing, too. I'm so glad I tried it (and believe me, my first English country dance class, I was pretty lost, especially doing the weaving figures called Heys). Still, it is such fun. @PinkyPan1 try something like English Country Dance, Contra (very aroebic), or square dancing.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @M310 I hope the medical issues are being resolved quickly. I find it hard to stay on track when I’m under stress, but you have a good attitude and that helps more than anything. Best of luck to you.

@littlebear0121 meeting your sleep time goal 3/7 nights is great! Keep at it and those days will continue to increase. I am a night owl so I know it’s not easy!

@PackerFanInGB I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering with headaches. Did I miss a post about you having a concussion? Was it recent or something that happened awhile ago and it’s still affecting you? I hope the clinic will help deal with this. I missed some posts recently with being so busy.

@PinkyPan1 I am still #10 of 2 books on the wait list for The Gifts of Imperfection. It sounds like something I’ll enjoy reading. I finished reading The Handmaid’s Tale today. VERY different!!! I liked it (in a strange thought-provoking way) but my sister hated it and we usually like a lot of the same books. My husband and I took Country dance lessons many years ago. I loved it but we haven’t gone dancing much since then because our timing never quite clicked. But it was still fun! It’s always fun to try something new...and never too late!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

My niece gave me that book for Christmas. It will be an interesting read as I'm a bit of a perfectionist in some areas of my life but don't care what other people think in other parts. ( I have danced sense middle school and don't care what other people think, I do it for me. :) )
  • 77tes
    Options
    It was you @PackerFanInGB , that suggested the bike trainer. I finally found the post. I'll let you know how she likes it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB I’m sorry to hear you’re suffering with headaches. Did I miss a post about you having a concussion? Was it recent or something that happened awhile ago and it’s still affecting you? I hope the clinic will help deal with this. I missed some posts recently with being so busy.

Hi! Honestly, I don't know if I told anyone. I didn't think it was that huge of a deal when it happened, but it has increasingly become more bothersome. I slipped on some black ice on our back patio deck in the middle of the night letting our dog outside the week after Thanksgiving and have been struggling ever since. Really hoping for help from the doctor I see tomorrow. Migraines are bad enough but trying to work on a computer all day with them is ridiculous!
    77tes wrote: »
    It was you @PackerFanInGB , that suggested the bike trainer. I finally found the post. I'll let you know how she likes it.

I was tickled to see this! Yes, please DO let me know! I haven't gotten one yet and am wondering how well they work. She actually sent me a picture of hers yesterday through email and they look easy enough... :smile:
  • 77tes
    Options
    Sewing is going well. Two Harry Potter T-shirts for my granddaughters.mjr1jfxh4ucm.jpg
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, Ouch! I will be praying that you get help from the doctor that you will see tomorrow. Migraines and working with computers is not a good combination. Hugs to you.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @M310, hoping that the stressful medical issues are being resolved. Here's to a better week for you. I like your continuing positive attitude!

@77tes, cute shirts!

@PinkyPan1, I just placed a hold on the eBook of The Gifts Of Imperfection by Brene' Brown. I'm fifteenth in line. I am usually pleasantly surprised when books finally comes available when there is a long wait line. Thanks for the recommendation.

I always enjoy reading all the new posts! And often learn something also :) .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

• littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Is the book The Gifts of Imperfection a good one for a perfectionist to read? I'm going to try to reserve it if it's available on audio. At this stage in life I don't have time to sit down and read.

@77tes, great job with the sewing! Wow!

This week has been stressful--on top of an expected busy week, my daughter got sick and we spent two afternoons at the pediatrician's office. Thankfully we understand what is likely going on now and have a plan to further figure out triggers (for abdominal migraines and vomiting); and most importantly, she's feeling better. I also was looking forward to plans with my parents last weekend, and my best friend and her family tomorrow, and both sets of plans got cancelled. So I was bummed. I haven't been eating on my plan or going to bed on time, and that just starts a downward spiral. I just completed a good workout, feel a little better, and am planning on regrouping today and tomorrow.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @littlebear0121 , I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter has been suffering so much - poor thing! Glad your doctor visits are getting you some answers. Too bad your plans got derailed, but hope they can be postponed until a later date. Do remember to take care of yourself, so the workout was a great idea.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, Ouch! I will be praying that you get help from the doctor that you will see tomorrow. Migraines and working with computers is not a good combination. Hugs to you.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I was prescribed a couple more medications to add to the others but I wasn't able to pick them up yet. I have so much to do, that I really don't want to be on more pain meds or muscle relaxers. For goodness sake! I will never get anything done if I'm walking around in a daze all the time! Plus, I'm likely to whack my head a 2nd time! LOL

I'm sure I will kick this to the curb once I see the therapist and they are able to work on getting my inner ear back in focus (whatever that means....something about the crystals in there?).

Terrible timing with Christmas Eve on Monday and 30 people coming to our house!

I've just been so sassy...not eating right, not drinking enough water, babying my arm and shoulder because they hurt to move...and it's starting to really show. I need to get my butt in gear!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Sewing is going well. Two Harry Potter T-shirts for my granddaughters.mjr1jfxh4ucm.jpg

Very nice! Love that material! You are so talented. It's my dream to learn how to sew and do a good enough job at it that I can actually make clothing!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Great job making your exercise classes, @Heidijens123 and I love the shirt you made, @77tes. @nebslp, making your activity targets while traveling is a huge accomplishment. And @littlebear0121, great job prioritizing sleep! I’m going to check out the book you recommend, @PinkyPan1, it sounds like it’s struck a chord with many of the people in our group!

I had a good conference call with the folks at the Move It Monday organization yesterday. We will be starting our special Move It Monday 9 week challenge here on Jan 21. I’m hoping to spread the word to other MFPers through a blog post that I’ll publish here on MFP in mid January. If you could help me get the word out by “upvoting” the blog post once its published, I’d appreciate it. The upvotes determine whether a blog trends or not and thus gets widely seen. Thanks in advance for helping me with this. I hope we can inspire lots of people to start Moving on Monday!

My December goal of 300 Fitbit exercise minutes per week is going well, but I need to get in an hour of exercise today to reach the 300 target, as the week ends today. I can do it and will post later today when I’ve reached my goal.