How are you tracking your fat loss ?!

Options
Hi, I need to lose 10 kilos and at least 7% body fat to be in my prescribed range ! I'm planning to buy and Actofit SmartScale to track myself- any suggestions ?
https://actofit.comd5cacfqxq2d2.png

Replies

• kristinamajsec
    kristinamajsec Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about that as well. Researching online has led me to a conclusion that there is no accurate way to easily and at home measure my exact body fat percentage.
    But that is ok since the most important thing with fat percentage is that it should go down. So whichever method you use, caliphers, smart scale, or going to Bod Pod in your gym (if available), the actual reading is less important. The downward trend is all it matters. I personally, track my body fat loss very old fashioned way - with a tape measure of critical body parts and visual inspection in the mirror :wink:
    If you are using a smart scale, be sure to always weigh yourself in the same circumstances - e.g. in the morning, before breakfast, after going to the bathroom, after drinking a glass of water... With these scales it is important you are not dehydrated since it can give a reading way off, and if you vary your conditions too much the readings might vary too much and discourage you.

I see now this was asked two weeks ago. Did you buy it? How are you satisfied?
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've actually bought one for my mom too for Christmas! Will try it myself of course ;) but I've heard very varied opinions about these scales.. How do you like yours?
    I also go the old fashioned way and will sometimes tape measure around my body and take progress pics. These are the best at-home progress parameters in my opinion! (Also how your clothes fit).