Fast weightloss in the first week?

Options
GemmaM_x
GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
Hi everyone.

I've been eating paleo for 6 days now, with the expectation of one meal after visiting the dentist. I've lost a total of 2.9lbs in 3 days compared to a steady loss of 6lb per month previously.

Just to hoping for someone to confirm that this is normal in the beginning and will level out again soon?

Thanks,
Gemma :-)

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I would say this is SUPER normal.
    The body will lose the bloating over the first couple of weeks.
    I think when I started primal,I lost 14lbs in the first month and then 4 in the second.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started my Whole30-paleo diet on August 1st. I lost 2 lbs my first 4 days with a couple "cheats" (I weigh in on Mondays) and I'm on my second week and will have lost 3 or 4 more lb by tomorrow. It's nice to see the scale drop like that, but like you- expect it to level off afer the first month. I am also exercising each day, either walking or doing Jillians Ripped in 30.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yup, totally normal!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh good, it's normal! I started a week ago and am down 5 pounds. I know we're not supposed to count calories, but I'm having a really hard time eating enough. I seem to always go to nuts/seeds to get more, but I need some other ideas soon.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that when you eat a ton of carbs (bad carbs like bread, etc) your body holds on to a lot of water. So when you switch over, you dump all that water weight. It's awesome because the first week you already feel less bloated and lighter!
  • bluczywo
    Options
    I'm day three and I've lost 3 pounds so far. I've lost almost 6 in a week from just watching over the previous weekend but starting paleo on Monday. In my defense i'm pretty sure most of it was water anyway. But i'm going to keep going. Even though it's really hard to be on paleo and cook and make food for one person!
  • naptownblue
    naptownblue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in week 1, then 5 lbs in week 2... I'm in week 3 now and hoping for more!
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost 24 pounds my first month of eating Primal.

It will slow down however.

Please make sure you are taking some basic body measurements though.

There have been weeks were I didn't lose any weight but I was still losing inches.