Dr Ken Berry

Options
fdhunt1
fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
Playing around on the Youtube Channel over the weekend and discovered Dr Ken Berry. Seems like a legit dude (i.e. not pushing a product or service). Anybody else like this guy?

I really appreciate the fact that he is a medical doctor and not afraid to speak his mind.

Replies

• crakmasta
    crakmasta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Been watching him for awhile. Good advice and he doesn't give a crap about following common medical industry narratives
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm a Ken Berry fan. Enjoy the accent too 😄
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like him too. I have only looked at some of his stuff, but I've enjoyed listening to him - he's an animated speaker!
  • FlynLass27
    FlynLass27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I follow him on Facebook - good videos, and he is a "real" doctor!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hadn't heard of him before this thread. Went to see a video and spiraled into a Ken Berry videofest for nearly 2 hours.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    He did mention one thing I don't agree with however, how you don't need to count calories if you're on the keto diet. I think anyone trying to lose weight needs to be mindful of how many calories they're taking in.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    krystonite wrote: »
    He did mention one thing I don't agree with however, how you don't need to count calories if you're on the keto diet. I think anyone trying to lose weight needs to be mindful of how many calories they're taking in.

If you're doing keto and only eating when you are hungry, calories will naturally reduce. Trouble is many of us have trouble knowing when we're hungry VS just wanting to eat.
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's always my tongue that causes over eating.
    Stomach can be full and the tongue is still clamoring for flavor...
    Typical addiction.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    krystonite wrote: »

If you're doing keto and only eating when you are hungry, calories will naturally reduce. Trouble is many of us have trouble knowing when we're hungry VS just wanting to eat.

So true. It took me a bit of time to get into the habit of eating less when not hungry.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I’m a subscriber to his YouTube channel. A ton of very informative videos.