What are your macros?

I have no idea what my macros should be. Sleeved 1.5 years ago and aim for 60-70 grams of protein a day. How much fat? Carbs? I need to start logging my food again, especially now with all the holiday goodies around. Thanks!

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    That really depends on what type of diet you're shooting for! Low carb? Keto? Low-fat?

It also depends on your age, your activity level, height, current weight, etc.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    I do 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, that was what my nutritionist said to go with. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m at 60% protein, 20% fat, and 20% carbs now. This is where I’m able to maintain fairly easily. When I was in weight loss mode I was at 10% carbs and 30% fat, yet I stay at the same amount of protein for the importance of it with the malabsorption.

This is a keto way of eating. It makes your body burn its own fat for energy instead of sugar. It’s been the easiest way of eating I’ve ever attempted and will be how I eat for life.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    KarlaYP wrote: »
    I’m at 60% protein, 20% fat, and 20% carbs now. This is where I’m able to maintain fairly easily. When I was in weight loss mode I was at 10% carbs and 30% fat, yet I stay at the same amount of protein for the importance of it with the malabsorption.

This is a keto way of eating. It makes your body burn its own fat for energy instead of sugar. It’s been the easiest way of eating I’ve ever attempted and will be how I eat for life.

Karla, do you count total or net carbs? About how many a day? The program I'm trying has me at 20 total per day and I'm finding the days I go slightly over that, I have a big loss shortly after. Still learning, just about 3 weeks into strict keto, so I'm still adjusting.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I don’t do net carbs. I just do total. Too much math to keep up with. Plus you can fool yourself into thinking you can have more imo, when you subtract the fiber carbs. For me, I’ve found it easiest to keep with the total that way.

Keto is a learning curve but becomes automatic over time. At least it has for me. And has been the easiest woe I’ve ever attempted with the best results too. With keto you get to eat all of the food foods imo too!