Genmon02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love this "noatmeal":
    2 tbsp flax meal
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
    2 tbsp sweetener of choice
    1/2 cup hot water
    1/2 cup cold liquid of choice (hwc, coconut milk, almond milk)

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add hot water. Mix throughly. The noatmeal will thicken. Then add cold liquid and mix completely. Enjoy!

Warning this contains lots of fiber so it might have a "cleansing effect" on you lol so be close to a bathroom.
  • budonyan
    budonyan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs anymore either but I scramble tofu with oil and put salt and pepper on it--- it tricks your brain into thinking its an egg, lol
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Honestly I also love nuts of any kind for breakfast

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/spicy-keto-roasted-nuts

I do a variation of this then keep it in an airtight container and keep it in my car. lol
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I also love extra crispy bacon and cheddar cheese. SOOOO GOOD.

I love bacon and cheese too......I used to eat that daily when I first started keto and needed something I could take to work and eat.
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I eat chia pudding every morning. To make a single serving- three tablespoons chia seeds, 1 teaspoon cocoa (or more to taste), stevia to taste, 3/4 cup unsweet coconut or almond milk (I have also used water and although it wasn't creamy, it was edible). I whisk the dry ingredients together, whisk in the wet, and let it sit about 10 min, then whisk it again & refrigerate until firm & ready to eat (about 20-30 min). You can make larger batches if you like. I found the single servings work best for me. You can make it the night before if you like (I just get lazy and make it on the way out the door every morning). It'll keep a few days in the fridge.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I make me a BLT sandwich, no bread, wrap it in lettuce. oh yes and cheese.
  • wrziesmer
    wrziesmer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Silly question, but are you intolerant to the whole egg, or just the high protein whites?
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten eggs for years, as they upset my stomach. But I was never bothered by anything that included eggs as an ingredient, baked goods, eggs used as binder, even quiche! I researched it last month and figured out I most likely have an egg intolerance.
    The key for me is that longer cooking time changes the egg protein (I'm not super clear on the exact details) so whenever I want to have eggs for my breakfast, I mix up what you'd want in an omelette, then bake it in a ramekin for a crustless quiche.

Maybe you'll find the same if it just seems to be pan cooked eggs that are bothering your stomach?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    @laurainottawa that is interesting. My daughter has been having trouble with eggs recently (pan-fried). Will have to see if this works for her as well. Same as you she is not bothered by eggs when used with other preparations.
  • katebeermann
    katebeermann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have never met anyone else who is egg intolerant. I suddenly became intolerant about 8 years ago..following
  • shanamerideth9360
    shanamerideth9360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lox, cream cheese, and red onion, yum!