My Fitness App Question

Does anyone know how to change the Calorie goal in My Fitness Pal ? I have it currently set at 1200 calories and I want to change it to 1600. Where and how do I go and change this or update using My Fitness Pal?

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    My Fitness Pal provides a calorie estimate based on your stats: weight, age, level of activity and rate of loss. To get a different estimate you need to change one of these factors the most reasonable being rate of loss. How much did you say you wanted to lose per week?
  • kristinamajsec
    kristinamajsec Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, you can also customize your calorie goal to whatever number you want - it doesn't have to be MFP calorie estimate.
    In the app go to Goals -> under Nutrition Goals choose "Calorie, Carbs, Protein and Fat Goals" and there you have macros percentages you can tweak but also the first entry is Calorie goal. And just put a different number here.

This feature is useful when for example you know your total TDEE is different from the calculation MFP gives based on your stats, when you are pregnant, nursing etc.