One month in.

Options
michael_atx
michael_atx Posts: 44 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
I've made a number of observations after getting back on plan after a few years in the wilderness (so to speak).
  1. WW Freestyle is much easier for me than either Flex (? -- is that what the old Points plan circa 2008 was called?) or Core, because it seems so much like a combination of both plans.
  2. Gradual lifestyle changes I've made over the last year, like limiting wheat, dairy, and alcohol intake, have made it easier as well. Mortality staring you in the face makes any plan easier, too.
  3. This hasn't been as huge a change in eating habits for me as it was in 2008. I suspect that I knew exactly how badly I was eating prior to starting this time. It's been more of a "dude, you know that there are better choices you can make, you're just choosing not to make them. Stop it." kind of thing.
  4. Riced cauliflower is not terrible as a rice substitute with Indian food at home. It's not rice. It will never BE rice. But it's an interesting texture.
  5. Losing 10 pounds is actually noticeable, even if you start at 299 pounds. I might have noticed this back the first time I did WW, but now I'm getting to the point where clothes I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years are fitting again.
  6. Also, the new WW app is fantastic, at least in terms of being able to scan things at the grocery store and immediately make a decision. There have actually not been that many things at all I've not been able to find just by scanning the UPC on the package.
  7. The college where I work has terrible parking. There's a parking deck next to my building. If I arrive there later than 8:30am, there is no parking there (except on Friday mornings), so I have to park in another one that takes a good 10 minutes to walk to and from. I've discovered that after getting back OP and tracking my steps on my phone that the round trip to/from the garage is about 1800 steps. I park there on Fridays now, too. ;-)

Replies

• Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Michael, WTG. Your observation seems to be paying off for you and noticing the changes you have made are great. Keep up the good work and keep posting. You are an inspiration and posts like yours can help someone else including myself.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    @michael_atx great post Malignaggi and great work your doing on your new journey. You are an inspiration! Keep up thre good work.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Some great observations, Michael--good for you! All reflect a level of mindfulness that I think greatly enhances the program. For me, that's been one of the keys to getting the weight off (~80 pounds) and keeping it off for ~3 years. That, and GOADie Charlie ( @crewahl ) reminding me I wasn't cured; I was just a fat guy in remission.

You've got some great reinforcement that what you're doing is working and that life is becoming better in a smaller body (and it beats the alternative). Keep working that plan, one day at a time--you're making a great investment in you!
  • michael_atx
    michael_atx Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    minimyzeme wrote: »
    That, and GOADie Charlie ( @crewahl ) reminding me I wasn't cured; I was just a fat guy in remission.

Thanks, all — and wow, @minimyzeme — “fat guy in remission” is just perfect!!
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Great post, Michael!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Good work.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,465 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Michael.