Working out and maintenance

Can someone who does high intensity workouts help me? I’ve been following the keto woe for about 3 months. I have a good handle on my macros and am about 2 lbs from my goal weight. I have decided to start working out again (which I haven’t done in 2 years). I will do barre 4-5 times a week, which is an hour long whole body workout. Can someone give me some guidance on how to adjust my macros for both entering maintenance and beginning to workout. I’m thinking I need to increase my protein but wanted to see if anyone had experience. Thanks!!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You don't have your diary open, so I don't have any way of knowing what your protein levels are now, however, adding strength training 5x a week means you should probably double whatever your current protein goal is...anywhere between 1.6 and 3.1 g/kg of lean mass is recommended when strength training...I usually go with 2.5 and honestly struggle to hit that most days...usually it's higher when losing and lower when in maintenance or bulking because when you are losing weight you are most at risk for losing muscle and that can be minimized with plenty of protein.
  • 3BrosandaBow
    3BrosandaBow Posts: 2 Member
    I didn’t know i could share my diary. My protein is set for 92 right now. That was for 1 g per lb of lean body mass. When I switch from lose fat to maintain it didn’t change my recommendation on protein, only fat. Thank you for the advice! Doubling it will be hard for sure!