Fasting Day...500 Cals or NO food? is No Food that day bad?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I'm feeling very victorious....and I'm giving God ALL the glory and credit. Yesterday, I had "down" day and used it to fast until sundown (from Sundown Friday until Sundown Saturday) and ate a New York style Frank w/bun--about 8:00 that night (even though I didn't have to have it, I wasn't starving or very hungry at all--complete PEACE. Anyhoo, that was 300 cals for the frank and bun, so my down day was under 500. My up day is today and I'm having 2122 cals of GREAT stuff all day. I did drink lots and lots of water all day though.

So, my question is...is NOT eating/drinking 500 cals on my down day terrible, would straight fasting/not eating be alright. Remember...I'm NOT just not eating, but Fasting & Praying during these time (AKA making these fast days a "Spiritual/God Centered/God Focused/Humbling myself day).

Let me know what you guys think--is having nothing for 24 hours but water okay on my down days.

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would say it is probably okay as long as you don't do it more than twice a week and you're overall calories for the week don't work out as less than 1200cals on average. It sounds like you're getting a lot out of it and it is really helping you connect spiritually so just listen to your body and do what feels right :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVER so much. Honey...it's going to take mountain moving FAITH for me NOT to count cals, especially on feasting days....:indifferent: :noway: :indifferent:
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I regularly fast two days in a row without any food. I do drink coffee (2 -3 cups) and lots of water! I find that I do better if I don't eat any food at all on my fast days. Often, I do my fast days back to back…and I usually am down 4 pounds. Dr. Mosley did a four day fast and many people do fasts for religious reasons. I find that I have lots of energy on my fast days. It is working well for me.

:smile:
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I regularly fast two days in a row without any food. I do drink coffee (2 -3 cups) and lots of water! I find that I do better if I don't eat any food at all on my fast days. Often, I do my fast days back to back…and I usually am down 4 pounds. Dr. Mosley did a four day fast and many people do fasts for religious reasons. I find that I have lots of energy on my fast days. It is working well for me.

I want to try this and see how I get one. Will have to time it well though otherwise I'll never make it!
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I want to try this and see how I get one. Will have to time it well though otherwise I'll never make it!

Just an update… I have tried to continue to fast like described above and have continued to have success with it. Since I started fasting in late June, I have lost 29 pounds! However, sometimes when I get to the end of the second day, I eat around 1000 calories. (Mind you, this is after 48 hours and I am very heavy…I weigh 196 and am only 5'4". I also work out an hour per day M -F) I regularly have lost two - three pounds by the end of this type of two day fast.