Gerd and Insomnia

Options
Hello,
This is all new to me so please forgive me if I ramble.
I haven't slept for 3 days. I never knew Insomnia could be an effect from Gerd. Has anyone else have this happen? My acid reflux /Gerd have been terrible my throat and stomach feel as if they are on fire. I spent 3 hours last night doing research on foods to eat and stay away from. For several months my throat has been very sore and has been hard to swallow. It feels like I have something stuck in my throat constantly. I vomit almost everytime I eat. Any advice or information is appreciated. Thank you Pamela Z.

Replies

• sdudley08
    sdudley08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have that problem, too. I was taking a Nexium vacation, but Nexium wasn't working so well, so I ended my not so great vacation early, lol. I was eating pretty poorly around the holidays but because of my GERD, the last two days have been close to as exemplary as I can muster. Lean meats, vegetables, and fruit, with probiotic supplements, aloe vera juice,and kefir. I'm basically treating this like it is my job. Are you doing the stay away from food and drink three hours before bed? Is Gaviscon your buddy? You might want to consider Gaviscon at your bedside. So if you really want to lick it, really give up the fun stuff, go FODMAP, avoid drinking water or anything 30 min. before or 30 min after eating. GERD has all sorts of rules, but I feel like this is your body saying: "things have got to change", and then you have to change it. Take notes of what your body is okay with and what it isn't okay with. I'm saying this with my own struggle but now I'm reckoning with it. I hope I can help you, too. Good luck!