Weight loss

MindfulNat
MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
How much weight have you lost in the first 8 weeks of your low carb program?

Replies

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    5.3# Really good for me as I'm a very slow loser. 65 years old and had already lost 59# before starting keto.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I think that I was over 10lbs, but I can't quite remember. I had about 40lbs to lose.
  • MeatAthelete
    MeatAthelete Posts: 45 Member
    I haven't started, yet, so ask in 8 weeks. LOL

Although, the last time I did keto, it was 13 pounds. That's not bad, really. I guess some people would expect more, but I was thrilled with that. Unfortunately, over the last few years, I gained everything back. Starting fresh on the 26th.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    When I see people talk about that sort of weight.. I just sigh and go "someday, hopefully soon". I've never been 200lbs as an adult. That would be a trip.

You'll get there!

This is the first time I've been at 200 in around 20 years.

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Instead of Keto I have been doing Low Carb. 50 carb per day, same for fat, and 80 for protein. From May 5, 2018 to December 25 I have lost 79 pounds. I am now at 226. For December I have for most part been just maintaining. Come January 2019 back to full speed ahead. What I did do for Christmas treats I did use Keto recipes so I could have some sweets (my trigger). That way it took care of sweet tooth but kept the carbs and sugar way down.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    On a lark, I went to my original fitday account. This is where I logged my original weight loss back in 2003. I wasn't "low carb" per se, but rather low glycemic load. Still am, for the most part.
    According to my records there I lost 13 of 25 in the first 8 weeks.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,624 Member
    I am not remembering exactly, but I am claiming it was in the 6 to 8 lb range (or I would remember). I do know I did not have any dramatic weight loss when I started. I was intending to lose about a pound a week, and it all seemed to work as intended.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    I got back on track with low carb on Jan 11, so Friday will be the end of 4 weeks. I've lost 7.2 lbs (213.4lbs) I was really hoping to hit 10lbs lost, but doesn't look like i'm going to make it.... Sigh. But, I carry on!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    took about 4 months to lose 30 pounds, low carb, 100gr or less, that is about 2 lbs a week, it adds up.
  • mkrefting
    mkrefting Posts: 20 Member
    I lost 6 pounds in the first 10 days, and I am maybe down a pound more and will be 4 weeks in (on LCHF) Monday. I was pretty disappointed when I stepped on the scale today. I never measured when I started, but wish I had as my bras now "fit" again, my too-short pants are now the right length, and my pants that were long enough, have some extra length to them now. I do notice I am NOT TIRED once I get up and showered in the morning. (Still wish I could sleep in though! ). I knew I would be a s-l-o-w loser of the weight, so I don't step on a scale often. Personally think I am insulin resistant as my fasting blood sugar has hovered around 100 for the past 2 to 3 years.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    took about 4 months to lose 30 pounds, low carb, 100gr or less, that is about 2 lbs a week, it adds up.

Wow! Nice pic, Brenn. You look maaaah-velous.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    isn't the pants thing a trip? I don't seem to go down a size but look at that, they've gotten longer.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    mmultanen wrote: »
    isn't the pants thing a trip? I don't seem to go down a size but look at that, they've gotten longer.

Totally. Pants that looked okay on me a month or two ago look like crap on me now.

Over the weekend I did a little shopping. I'm currently wearing an XL t-shirt. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't need at least a 2XL or 3XL. Plus I'm down to about a 34 inch waist now though I haven't lost my belly yet. Still about 20 - 25 pounds from where I'd like to be.

On the shopping front I'm disappointed in some of the button up shirts I was looking at. I love button up shirts, but hate ones that are supposed to be worn tucked in and it's so hard to find shirts that are more casual wear without going to a specialty store. Plus my body is oddly built. I'm short, yet extremely broad shouldered with a large chest so XL button up shirts are tight across the shoulders and chest but if I go up to the next size then I wind up with a shirt that comes to my knees. :|

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member

My necklaces got longer too. :)
  • m1kk1
    m1kk1 Posts: 17 Member

Totally. Pants that looked okay on me a month or two ago look like crap on me now.

Over the weekend I did a little shopping. I'm currently wearing an XL t-shirt. I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't need at least a 2XL or 3XL. Plus I'm down to about a 34 inch waist now though I haven't lost my belly yet. Still about 20 - 25 pounds from where I'd like to be.

On the shopping front I'm disappointed in some of the button up shirts I was looking at. I love button up shirts, but hate ones that are supposed to be worn tucked in and it's so hard to find shirts that are more casual wear without going to a specialty store. Plus my body is oddly built. I'm short, yet extremely broad shouldered with a large chest so XL button up shirts are tight across the shoulders and chest but if I go up to the next size then I wind up with a shirt that comes to my knees. :|

Once you settle on a size you will be at for a while you may want to look into a local tailor. They can easily make a few adjustments to those shirts that are too long, so it fits you perfectly, and it shouldn't cost much at all.
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member

Maybe check out untuckit.com. I haven't checked them but they advertise that they have shirts meant to be untucked for ALL body sizes.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    NicoleL874 wrote: »

I notice it quickly too, my thighs are currently carrying ALL of my extra weight, lol! I could go to a size 8 jeans, but squeeze into my 10s because of my thighs.

I would DEFINITELY encourage people to measure themselves. I don't know what the body does, but since Dec 1, I've lost 5lbs, but my waist has gone down 3 inches, each thigh has lost 2 inches, my chest has decreased about 1 inch, and each arm about 2 inches. So, I'm definitely seeing movement, just not on the scale.

I did the same thing when I started! It’s the inflammation that your body is losing first. You will feel thin (will feel so good!) before the scale gives up the numbers you want. Before you know it the numbers will catch up! Congratulations on the lost inches!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Lol it is neat, isn't it. :)