Hello Keto Mates

Options
Iamsimpleguy
Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
I want to share my keto journey with you guys, I am from India. I started Keto on Dec 2nd today my 21st day I lost nearly 18 Pounds till now more I have to lose to reach my Ideal Weight. From Last Sunday to till today I lost only 2 Pounds only Not disappointed but sometimes our weight get stall I know What is the best thing to do when we are on the stall, I do IF, OMAD too. Give me your suggestions Pals.

Replies

• MeatAthelete
    MeatAthelete Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Losing 2 pounds in a week is not a stall. You are still losing weight. Don't change anything. Keep doing what is working for you.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is a good and likely a safe loss for anyone to strive for. Keep with it and think long term. Short term focus doesn't help what should be a lifestyle switch if you want to keep the weight off.
  • xcc670
    xcc670 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started December 3rd and have lost 2 pounds total. I am happy that things are going in the right direction, even though it is slow. I plan to eat clean and healthy for the rest of my life so I don't feel the need to rush.
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Some weeks you will lose nothing. Sometimes I go 3 weeks going up and down but averaging the same weight before another 5-8 lb loss over the following week. You really cannot look at it weekly. Probably every 30 days is a good amount of time to determine a stall.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Options
    Losing 2 pounds in a week is not a stall. You are still losing weight. Don't change anything. Keep doing what is working for you.

Sure, I have not changed anything just stopped seeing weighing machine
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Options
    2lbs a week is a good and likely a safe loss for anyone to strive for. Keep with it and think long term. Short term focus doesn't help what should be a lifestyle switch if you want to keep the weight off.

Yes you are right mate, Keto made change my thought on food and lifestyle.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Options
    The smaller you get, the slower your weight loss will be. You’ve been losing incredibly fast up until now, and now you’ll need to get used to a more reasonable pace. Don’t be discouraged—it means you’re getting closer!

I lost 15 pounds in two months, then 10 pounds in the next three months, then five pounds in the next seven months. It’s normal. You’re doing it. :smile:

Thank you, Its good to go slow in this process. Definitely, I will not disappoint.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Way to go, @Iamsimpleguy! You are doing fine! It can be hard as the wonderful cuisines of India have a lot of yummy daal and other pulses/beans dishes. I like to cook Indian food at home, my husband & I like the wonderful flavours.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Way to go, @Iamsimpleguy! You are doing fine! It can be hard as the wonderful cuisines of India have a lot of yummy daal and other pulses/beans dishes. I like to cook Indian food at home, my husband & I like the wonderful flavours.

Sorry for my late response I miss this thread, Glad to know that you love Indian Food :) You should try Yummy and Spicy :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Believe me I do.... I don't always eat Keto, most of the time it is low carb and I save my carbs for 1 great meal a day. I think Saag with anything is a favorite, as is Baingan Bharta. And a good Vindaloo - the tangy stuff.