Lightweight Wag Bag

Options
For trail running, I put together a new lightweight and yet comprehensive wag bag. You may notice there is not only plenty of TP for multiple uses, but also 3 doses of loperamide... just in case.

Can anyone do better on weight?

*Obviously weight will decrease as used and then increase again to starting weight with replenishment of disposable supplies.

Replies

• patrickjd9
    patrickjd9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Be prepared! See you have a lightweight trowel. Something I plan to add to my gear for 2019.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    patrickjd9 wrote: »
    Be prepared! See you have a lightweight trowel. Something I plan to add to my gear for 2019.

I cut most of the weight with the lighter trowel (the "deuce" from REI) and using plastic bags (previously used a small commercial dry bag).

As with my "before" setup, I re-roll the TP onto itself so I'm not carrying around the cardboard core, nor a whole roll.

This photo is at 38g. I have to double-check, but I believe I was able to reach about 34g by removing the inside plastic bags (except the small bag with loperamide) so that everything is just loose in the single bag (except the pills). I always carry a separate bag for trash anyway, so I figure I'll put used TP in with all my other trash.