TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• AB0215
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to January!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 32, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 18 months or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I'm down about 73 lbs and I still have a way to go, and I just recommitted to my goal. Let's do this!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds. I've been training for an Olympic Style Weight lifting competition and that was just in November, did okay, now I have some things to work on before my next one!

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to January and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • djcarswelljc14
    djcarswelljc14 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dee. I am 35 and have been trying to get back in shape the last 10 years. After having kids it’s been hard finding the time but I am determined to make it happen this year.
    My goal is to lose 20 - 30 lbs this year.
  • AB0215
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Hi team!! I am Saleta, I’m 31 and I’m here to get healthy with a side of weight loss. This past year I’ve had a plethora of health problems and with me being the holistic person I am, I couldn’t bring myself to take a daily medication for something I KNOW is weight related.

I look forward to getting started and getting to know everyone! Talk to you all soon!

@SaletaS Our stories aren't that different. I originally decided to lose the weight because my doctor wanted me to be on medication and I definitely didn't want to do that when it's something I can fix and something I did to myself....so yep, I totally get that!

Welcome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Missy and I’m a reoccurring member of this group! 2018 was an alright year but glad 2019 is here and praying that it will be better. Goals are to get healthy in all areas of my life.

SW: 221.5
    CW: 210.3
    Goal for 2019: Under 160
    Overall Goal: Under 120

@gemwolf110 Welcome back Missy, you got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dee. I am 35 and have been trying to get back in shape the last 10 years. After having kids it’s been hard finding the time but I am determined to make it happen this year.
    My goal is to lose 20 - 30 lbs this year.

@djcarswelljc14 Welcome Dee. That's a super realistic goal. I understand how hard it can be to find the time, but we all need to take time for ourselves too, it's not selfish, it's necessary!
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tina. I've struggled with my weight since I had kids. I had a great start in 2018 and lost 30 lbs in the first four months. I maintained over the summer but it started creeping back on in October, and now with Christmas I'm up 10 lbs, something I promised myself I would never do again. So this group is exactly what I need, I love the accountability, and look forward to following you all on your journeys also. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. Let's do this!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi team!

I’m 36 and I’m here to get additional motivation for healthy weight loss. Much like @SaletaS I don't like to take medication for something I know is weight related.

My Starting Weight is 250.9 lbs and 1st goal is to be under 250. I hope to achieve it during January 2019.

Wish us all much luck!
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :D my 1st goal seems to be too low.

I meant under 240 to be the 1st goal actually o:)
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi team 😊. My name is Julie and I am 41 years old. I have two boys aged 12 and 7 and am almost divorced.

I lost weight successfully on MFP in 2012 and maintained at my goal weight of 145 until January 2016. Then life happened and I put on all the weight I had lost and another 40+. I started MFP again on the 9th October 2018 at 265lbs and have been dedicated with only occasional slips!

CW is 227.1lbs. My goal for January is 215-220lbs and my ultimate goal is 145-150lbs.
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Ver9nika wrote: »
    :D my 1st goal seems to be too low.

I meant under 240 to be the 1st goal actually o:)

I thought so too! 😂 But hey, .9 pounds is small but it’s progress!!!
  • SaletaS
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    My name is Gloria @gjaholy33
    I am 39.5 years old will be 40 on NYE the start of this month journey YAY! Still have always to get to my goal weight. My health is detoriating so the doctors wants to do bariatric surgery. I'm still hopeful that I can change things around.

My history: Been obese my entire life and since I've been disable due to a work injury in 2015 I need to lose weight more now then ever before in order to get better as I am severely obese. Just to encourage those who are struggling with staying on track I have been trying to get healthy since 2010 and it's a constant struggle but I've learn to set short attainable goals in order to succeed. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable along with additional health issues such as asthma and pulmonary hypertension due to a long slow gas leak in my apartment has not help matters but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. BUT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND MEDITATING MORE IN ORDER TO REMAIN POSITIVE WHICH TO ME IS KEY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL AT MY GOALS.

I always set goals for myself and once again this month my goal is to lose 30lbs!

WE GOT THIS,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33

Hi, @gjaholy33

The first step is the biggest and you already made that step by showing up here!! I’m glad you’re here and we will definitely help you through this as much as we can! ❤️♥️❤️

• SaletaS
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Hi team 😊. My name is Julie and I am 41 years old. I have two boys aged 12 and 7 and am almost divorced.

I lost weight successfully on MFP in 2012 and maintained at my goal weight of 145 until January 2016. Then life happened and I put on all the weight I had lost and another 40+. I started MFP again on the 9th October 2018 at 265lbs and have been dedicated with only occasional slips!

CW is 227.1lbs. My goal for January is 215-220lbs and my ultimate goal is 145-150lbs.

Life is an AHole, I swear. Our stories are similar. I started with MFP in 2015 and lost 30 pounds and gained so much muscle and then life was like SIKE! Now, Here I am 70 pounds later. 😑😑 But it’s ok, we got this!
  • SaletaS
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tina. I've struggled with my weight since I had kids. I had a great start in 2018 and lost 30 lbs in the first four months. I maintained over the summer but it started creeping back on in October, and now with Christmas I'm up 10 lbs, something I promised myself I would never do again. So this group is exactly what I need, I love the accountability, and look forward to following you all on your journeys also. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. Let's do this!

Yes!! Just get back on that wagon. Im glad you’re here!!!
  • SaletaS
    Options
    I suppose I’ll post my stats!

Starting weight (12/23): 215
    Current weight (12/23): 215
    Goal Weight: 140

I weigh in tomorrow and I’m so nervous to see what the scale says!
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Elsie. If anybody wants to add me as a friend, I would love it.
    I'm 50. I have been overweight for years ever since I had my first baby (29 years ago!).
    My weigh in day is Monday.
    SW - 328
    Ultimate GW - I don't know yet.
    Short-term Goal - 6 for the month
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Theresa. I am 50 years old, a wife, mother and I work full time. Now that my children are young adults I am starting to focus on me a bit more. I had a slight medical scare in November due to my weight ( pre diabetic) so I decided to make some changes. I got serious about my change on Dec 1 and have made quite a bit of progress. Slow and steady wins the race. I have been a member of MFP for a few years and have had the best success being accountable. So I’m back. My goal is to drop 80 lbs in 2019 with a final goal of 130 lbs lost.
    At the recommendation of my doctor I have started following the Keto lifestyle. Looking forward to getting some recipes and advice/guidance from @AB0215. Thanks all. #gettingfitin2019
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone !! My name is amber. I am 27 years old and I live in Michigan. I’ve struggled hard this year with losing weight cuz I’d give up on trying. With the new year , I’m gonna change that! I need to stop giving up on myself. Back in 2013 , I lost about 80 pounds in a year. I know I can do it! I’ve proven it. This past month I lost about 7 pounds but then Christmas came and I gave in to all the junk! I need to start somewhere so this time I’m putting my foot down! If anyone wants to add me , feel free :)

My weigh in days are Saturday.
    I’m starting at 319.6 !
    (As of 12/29)
    I’m ready to kill this month :)
This discussion has been closed.