Question about wheat on keto

Noxxys
Noxxys Posts: 26 Member
Hi i switched to keto about 2 weeks ago and pretty much cut out all breads from my diet but just recently i found Joseph's lavash flatbread that's 9g of carbs total but 4g of it is fiber for half of the lavash. So my question is are these types of food allow on keto or no cause i been told even if something is keto friendly macros wheat should be avoided at all cost or this not true?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I think it is only true that certain foods need to be avoided if you have a food sensitivity to that food or find it affects your BG and insulin a great deal. If you are fine with that food, and have no BG issues, then go for it.

If you are insulin resistant you may want to test your BG before and after eating that food. Some find that grains spikes BG more than expected even when there is a fair bit of fibre.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Millions of people eat wheat with no problems. If you are not wheat intolerant and the carbs fit your daily macros, enjoy.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I do pasta with no issues, so as long as it doesn't upset your stomach you are good to go.
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    As long as it doesn't go over your carb macro it's fine. You may find it less filling though and take up carbs for lower carb foods. May be harder to meet min calorie goals if you use up the carb limit too fast. So just be aware of that.