Whole Foods Diet

DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
I have been interested in eating healthier for many years, just never could pull it off. Recently I have seen too many family members get ill and in some cases recover with food not drugs. I am getting older (57) and really would like to fuel my body with nutrients that help with decease and not just weight loss. That being said, my doctor recommends the 60 grams of protein drinks daily which are augmented with all kinds of horrible things. Is there anyone out there who has had long term success with a whole foods diet post bypass surgery? Looking for some advise.

Replies

• DawnCumm
    let me make a little change.....a plant based whole foods diet. Ideas/recommendations?
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    The best person to help with this IMO would be @JamesAztec He is all about whole foods and listening to your body, and not doing any processed foods.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    I've done multiple rounds of Whole30 and it's honestly works and makes me feel amazing. I did my first round back in July. When I feel myself slipping I go back for another round. I started a round yesterday!
  • DawnCumm
    Watched some interesting YouTube videos from Dr V (Vuong)....that being said, I would like to err on the side of my nut's advice too. Maybe do what Dr V says but add in the protein drinks to his morning smoothies. Just really want to take advantage of this new lease on life. : )
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    My policy became nothing from a box or bag. However you incorporate that into your life is up to you. But the processed junk in these boxes and bags that call themselves food haven’t helped me at all! This has seemed to work well for me for almost four years without problems. But I do eat meat.

Plant based would be a challenge to get the required daily protein needs for us. I can’t see you doing it without using protein shakes/other supplements. You just can’t get enough from plant based, imo, to sustain the body’s needs.